Sunday, October 24, 2021

How to Cook Cheese Okonomiyaki, Japanese Savory Pancakes

 

      Last weekend, my husband cooked this okonomiyaki (お好み焼き), Japanese savory pancake, for lunch. As I mentioned in my previous entry, okonomiyaki is one of popular Japanese foods. If you haven't had okonomiyaki yet, you really should try it. It's pretty easy to cook. Today, I'm going to share how to cook cheese okonomiyaki with you. 

 

 Ingredients (4 Servings)

200g of Okonomiyaki Flour

300 ml of Water   

4 Eggs

1 Cup of Shredded Cheese

600g (about 12 leaves) of Shredded Cabbages

Okonomiyaki Sauce 

Japanese Mayonnaise

Dried Bonito Flakes, Katsuobushi 

Aonori Flakes

Red Shredded Ginger Pickles, Kizamishoga (Optional)

 

 

 1. Mix okonomiyaki flour and water thoroughly. Then, add egg and mix them thoroughly.


     Add 1/2 cup of shredded cheese and mix them well.


     Add shredded cabbages and mix them.


 

 

 2. Heat oil in a large pan over medium high heat and put 1/2 cup of shredded cheese in it.


     Add mixture onto it and shape into a patty. Cook it for 5 minutes.


 

 3. Flip it over and cover the lid. Cook it for another 5 minutes.


 

 


 

 4. Serve it on the plate.


 

 Top it with okonomiyaki sauce and Japanese mayonnaise.


 

Sprinkle katsuobushi, dried bonito flakes, over it.


 Sprinkle aonori flakes over it.


 Top it with red shredded ginger pickles (optional).


 

 5. Enjoy!



 

      These are also my entries you might like.

■How to Cook Healthy Tofu Okonomiyaki  

■Top 5 Most Popular Japanese Curry Sauce Mix 

■How to Cook Tori Meshi - Savory Japanese Rice with Chicken and Gobo

■How to Boost Your Immune System - 6 Foods That Can Boost Your Immune System

■Top 3 My Favorite Ramen From Marutai Kyushu Ramen Series

■How to Cook Omurice, a Japanese Omelette Stuffed with Rice (Cook Like a Pro!)

■How to Cook Chicken Tortilla Soup

■How to Make An Easy Egg Toast (Japanese Sliced Bread + Japanese Mayonnaise = Deliciousness)
  
■Don Quijote (Donki) Haul - What He Got in Japan

■What He Got at Drugstore in Japan - Haul

■Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Japanese Supermarkets (for Beginners!)

■My Top 15 Must Eat Foods in Japan - My Favorite Japanese Foods

■How to Make Japanese Deep Fried Chicken, Kara-Age

■How to Cook Easy Chicken Teriyaki with Sesame Miso Sauce

■8 Interesting Japanese Kitchen Gadgets!



    My entries related to cooking can be seen here.

    My entries related to my favorite recipes can be seen here.

    My entries related to foods my husband cooked can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japanese noodles can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan Haul can be seen here.
 

    My entries related to Best Japanese Beauty Products can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan can be seen here


    ★You can find my recipe entries through my Pinterest.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment