Wednesday, March 13, 2013

My Assignments

     Today, I did peer review at my writing class. I read my classmate's essay and gave some comments to her. She told me the day before yesterday that she hadn't even started writing her essay, but she finally made it by its due date. I was impressed by her work! She told me that she hadn't slept at all last night because of the essay. Haha. It's because the essay was not easy for me either.  Today, I thought reading others' essays was very interesting because we have the same writing topic, but each person writes the essay from different view point. :)
     Then, I went to one facility which is open to students who are taking language classes can be used freely. Sometimes teachers help our self study there. One teacher came into the facility, and I asked her to check my essay. I got some advices from her for my essay. It was my first time to talk to her. Until today, I thought she was pretty strict and very serious teacher because my former classmate had told me about her before. However, she taught me very kindly and praised my hard work for my essay, and I felt she loves educating students very much. I think that it is the most important thing for our life to love your job. I think people who love their job are having enjoyable and happy life. Improving their knowledge and skills for the job stimulates their lives. As a result, they will get more confidence and pride for what they are doing. :)
     Finally, I asked the teacher about my reading study. It's because I took a hour to finish reading the nine-pages story before, and after reading it twice, yet I was not able to understand the contents of the story. Then, I read it very carefully, and I drew pictures and wrote down detail about each characters at the same time. I didn't know whether or not that was a good way to improve my reading skill. The teacher told me that was good because I prefer visual study. I am going to have spring vacation next week and have homework which is reading the 200-page novel. Reading is obviously my weakness, so I need to make a great deal of effort for it.   

No comments:

Post a Comment