Sunday, March 31, 2013

How to Cook Chayote

Last week, I cooked chayote for my first time. I found the recipe from Japanese Cooking site, Cookpad. I am going to share the recipe with you.



simmered chayote and pork

Ingredients
 two chyatos (cut the chyatos into bite size)
 half pound of ground pork
 1 teaspoon of salad oil
 1 teaspoon of grated ginger
 1 pinch of salt
 1 pinch of black pepper
 1 cup of water
 2 tablespoon of sake
 2 tablespoon of soy sauce
 1 tablespoon of mirin
 2 teaspoon of hondashi powder
 2 tablespoon of potato starch
 1 teaspoon of sesame oil


1. Heat oil into a pan over high heat, and fry grated ginger and ground pork.
2. Add chayote into pan when the meat is fully cooked and continue to fry them.
3. Add water, sake, soy sauce, mirin, and hondashi. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Then, turn off the heat. Add potato starch with two tablespoon of water, and quickly stir up them.
5. Add sesame oil.
6. Enjoy!



         This is my entries related to my favorite recipe.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/recipes

      This is my entries related to cooking.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/cooking 

No comments:

Post a Comment