Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Side Effects from My Second Dose of COVID-19 Vaccine

        This month, I've received my second dose of COVID-19 vaccination. As I mentioned in my previous entry, My Experience Side Effects from the COVID-19 Vaccine, I got the first shot last month, and I only had mild side effects from the first shot. However, the side effects of my second shot were stronger than the first one. Today, I'm going to share my experience side effects from the second COVID-19 vaccine with you. 


DAY 1

  10 a.m.   I got the second dose of COVID-19 vaccination.

  5 p.m.    I started having minor joint pain and feeling fatigue. I took an over-the-counter medicine, acetaminophen. Then, those symptoms went away.

  11 p.m.  I started having joint pain and feeling fatigue again, and those symptoms were stronger this time. Soon, I started being shivering and having a fever (38.5℃ / 101.3℉). After the chill subsided, I took acetaminophen.

 

DAY 2 
I still felt some ache and fatigue. I took acetaminophen every six hours or so. Because of those symptoms, I had to stay in a bed all day.


DAY 3
I still felt minor fatigue, but I could do normal activities. At the end of the day, I felt as good as before.
 
 
 
 
 
The Second Dose of COVID-19 Vaccine Side Effects Could Be Severe for Many People.
Before I received the second dose, I was told that the second dose of COVID-19 vaccine side effects would be severe, but I didn't really expect that I would actually have a fever because I had little reaction to the first dose. However, I did have a fever this time indeed. Most of my coworkers also had a fever at the night of the day they got the second shot. Some of them had a very high fever (40℃ / 104℉). Yet, it is an indication of a vigorous immune response, and those side effects should go away in a few days. If you are planning on getting the second dose of COVID-19 vaccine, I recommend you to take one or two days off on the following day. 
 
 
 COVID-19 Vaccination After-Care Instructions
COVID-19 Vaccination After-Care Instructions

 
 
 

Stay safe, and stay healthy! 

 

 

     These are my entries you might like.
 
 
 

 

 

 

 

 




     My entries related to Costco can be seen here.

     My entries related to Starbucks can be seen here.

     My entries related to Best Japanese Beauty Products can be seen here.
 

     My entries related to Japan can be seen here.

     My entries related to beauty can be seen here.

     My entries related to Japan Haul can be seen here.

     You can find my beauty entries by categories from here.



No comments:

Post a Comment