Tuesday, May 5, 2020

How Japan Deals with Novel Cornavirus - Cut the Flowers to Avoid Crowding

    Last week, I was surprised at the news about how Japanese cities deal with novel coronavirus. Yame city, Fukuoka, cut off the flowers of beautiful fully bloomed Japanese wisteria to prevent crowds. Every year, a great number of people come to see these flowers during Golden Week, which is a long Japanese holiday and is a week from the 29th of April to early May. The tree of Japanese wisteria, which is called ofuji (大藤), is 600 years old! Cutting off the beautiful flowers from the precious tree was very sad news, but you can see the flowers next year if coronavirus outbreak subsides. Before the Golden Week, many Japanese local governments decided to cut a lot of flowers to avoid crowding such as 800,000 tulips in Chiba, 15,000 lilies in Okinawa, 3,000 roses in Saitama.   


     As I mentioned in my previous entry, Kurogi Ofuji Festival in Yame Fukuoka, Japan - Beautiful Japanese Wisteria of Kurogi, my parents took me to this place to see Japanese wisteria when I visited my hometown, Fukuoka, in 2014. Actually, when I was a child, my family visited there almost every year because my mother grew up in this city. My family visited some of my maternal relatives who live in Kurogi, Yame city.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/2014/04/kurogi-ofuji-festival-in-yame-fukuoka.html
     When I visited this place in 2014, I was amazed at how beautiful these flowers were! I hope that I will visit this place again. 😊
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/2014/04/kurogi-ofuji-festival-in-yame-fukuoka.html

    I uploaded this video, which I recorded in 2014, on my YouTube channel.





     These are my entries you might like.
Kurogi Ofuji Festival in Yame Fukuoka, Japan - Beautiful Japanese Wisteria of Kurogi

What I Bought at Japanese Supermarkets

Costco Haul - Polar Black Garlic Cured Super Food

Trader Joe's Japanese Aomori Black Garlic

Japanese Aomori Black Garlic

How I Make Black Garlic at Home

Costco Haul - the Big Island, Hawaii

What Do They Sell at Costco on the Big Island, Hawaii? - 12 Kinds of Unique Products!

COSTCO in Japan

10 Products I Purchased at Costco in Japan

What Do They Sell at Costco Business Center? (My Costco Haul)

Costco Haul - Tiger That Tempura Shrimp

Starbucks Winter Blend Melange D'Hiver 2017 at Costco

Starbucks Arizona Double Wall Traveler and Cold Cup

7 Best Japanese Beauty Products Hall of Fame



     My entries related to Costco can be seen here.

     My entries related to Starbucks can be seen here.

     My entries related to Best Japanese Beauty Products can be seen here.
 

     My entries related to Japan can be seen here.

     My entries related to beauty can be seen here.

     My entries related to Japan Haul can be seen here.

     You can find my beauty entries by categories from here.




No comments:

Post a Comment