Friday, April 3, 2020

How to Make A Face Mask - No Sewing Required

       Yesterday, CDC, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, finally recommended Americans wear face coverings in public.

       Even though most people in Japan have been wearing face masks whether they have symptoms or not, I've only seen a few people wearing face masks in the U.S. since last month. I was very surprised that the CDC finally released the new guidance regarding face coverings. From now on, we all should wear cloth face masks in public to reduce the spread of COVID-19.

      That's why I decided to make a cloth face mask, and I found this video below. I made my own cloth face mask for my first time. It was very easy! Today, I'm going to share with you how to make a face mask with hair ties and handkerchief.



What You'll Need
2 rubber bands or hair ties
1 handkerchief (20" x 20")

If you don't have a large handkerchief, you can also use a large bandanna, small scarf or any fabric. You can also use your old t-shirt (cut to the size).



1. Fold the handkerchief in three.





2. Pleat it.




3. Slide a rubber band on each side. 



4. Fold each end inside.



5. Voila!



If you want an extra protection, add a piece of paper towel. Some people use a coffee filter, a PM2.5 filter and etc.



     These are my entries you might like.
Stay At Home Order

Coronavirus Panic Buying Hits California!

What I Bought at Japanese Supermarkets

Costco Haul - Polar Black Garlic Cured Super Food

Trader Joe's Japanese Aomori Black Garlic

Japanese Aomori Black Garlic

How I Make Black Garlic at Home

Costco Haul - the Big Island, Hawaii

What Do They Sell at Costco on the Big Island, Hawaii? - 12 Kinds of Unique Products!

COSTCO in Japan

10 Products I Purchased at Costco in Japan

What Do They Sell at Costco Business Center? (My Costco Haul)

Costco Haul - Tiger That Tempura Shrimp

Starbucks Winter Blend Melange D'Hiver 2017 at Costco

Starbucks Arizona Double Wall Traveler and Cold Cup

7 Best Japanese Beauty Products Hall of Fame



     My entries related to Costco can be seen here.

     My entries related to Starbucks can be seen here.

     My entries related to Best Japanese Beauty Products can be seen here.
 

     My entries related to Japan can be seen here.

     My entries related to beauty can be seen here.

     My entries related to Japan Haul can be seen here.

     You can find my beauty entries by categories from here.




No comments:

Post a Comment