Thursday, September 1, 2022

How to Cook Japanese Hamburg Steaks

 

How to Cook Japanese Hamburg Steak

      Last month, I cooked Japanese hamburg steaks. Hamburg (ハンバーグ) is a very popular Salisbury steak in Japan. I also really love hamburg steaks and sometimes cook it at home. You can check out my previous entry, My Top 15 Must Eat Foods in Japan - My Favorite Japanese Foods. In my previous entries, I shared some healthy hamburg steak recipes with using okara, tofu lees. (Check out How to Cook Wafu Okara Hamburg Steaks and How to Make Italian Hamburg Steak with Okara, Japanese Style Salisbury Steak.) However, I haven't written about regular hamburg steak recipe! That's why, today, I'm going to share how to cook hamburg steak with you. Like always, I cooked excessively large amount of hamburg steaks at a time and stored leftovers in freezer to enjoy some later. It saves my time later. 😋

Ingredients (14 Hamburg Steaks)

3 Lb of Ground Beef

2 Onions (Minced)

2 Eggs

1/2 Cup of Panko Bread Crumbs

1/2 Teaspoon of Salt 

Nip of Black Pepper

1/2 Cup of Ketchup

3 Tablespoons of Red Wine

3 Tablespoons of Tonkatsu Sauce


How to Cook Japanese Hamburg Steaks

 

1.  Put ground beef, onion, eggs, panko, salt and black pepper into a bowl of a stand mixer. Stir them with a flat beater for 3 to 5 minutes. (If you don't own a stand mixer, you can mix them with your hand.)


      If you are making large amount of hamburg steaks in a stand mixer like I do, you might want to use the plastic cover to prevent the mess.

Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer Plastic Cover




2. Make 14 oval hamburg patties.

     Make a dent in the center of patties in order to cook them through easier.




3. Heat a large pan over medium heat. Cook one side until they're browned. Then, flip them over, cover the lid, and cook them over medium low heat for 4 minutes. 




4. Take the hamburg steaks out from a pan. (Be sure to leave the meat juice in the pan.)

      If you cook too many hamburg steaks like I do, you can store excess hamburg steaks in a freezer to enjoy later. (Just microwave them when you want to eat hamburg steaks.👍)




5. 【Cooking Hamburg Sauce】Put ketchup, red wine, tonkatsu sauce into the pan with meat juice (See the step 4). Simmer it over medium heat for 3 minutes.




6. Serve the hamburg steaks on plates and top with hamburg sauce. Enjoy!


      I also cooked shirishiri, Japanese stir-fried carrots and eggs, which is a side and hamburg steaks go well with it.

How to Cook Ninjin Shirishiri, Japanese Stir-Fried Carrots and Eggs - Okinawan Cuisine



      These are also my entries you might like.

■How to Cook Best Chicken Teriyaki

■How to Cook Naporitan, Japanese Pasta Dish

■ICHIRAN Instant Ramen - The Best Instant Ramen from Popular Japanese Ramen Restaurant (How We Cooked!)  

■All About Marutai Kyushu Local Ramen! Must-Try Japanese Instant Ramen

■Myojo Chukazanmai Ryanmen - The Best Hiyashi Chuka Instant Noodles

■Top 3 My Favorite Ramen From Marutai Kyushu Ramen Series

■How to Cook Yakisoba with Instant Noodles, Sapporo Ichiban Chow Mein 

■How to Cook Omurice, a Japanese Omelette Stuffed with Rice (Cook Like a Pro!)

■How to Make An Easy Egg Toast (Japanese Sliced Bread + Japanese Mayonnaise = Deliciousness)
  
■Don Quijote (Donki) Haul - What He Got in Japan

■What He Got at Drugstore in Japan - Haul

■Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Japanese Supermarkets (for Beginners!)

■My Top 15 Must Eat Foods in Japan - My Favorite Japanese Foods

■How to Make Japanese Deep Fried Chicken, Kara-Age

■How to Cook Miso Soup

■8 Interesting Japanese Kitchen Gadgets!



    My entries related to cooking can be seen here.

    My entries related to my favorite recipes can be seen here.

    My entries related to foods my husband cooked can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japanese noodles can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan Haul can be seen here.
 

    My entries related to Best Japanese Beauty Products can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan can be seen here


    ★You can find my recipe entries through my Pinterest.



No comments:

Post a Comment