Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Loretto Chapel in Santa Fe, New Mexico - New Year's Travel Day 4 - 4/7

Loretto Chapel
      During New Year's holidays, my husband and I went on a road trip for 5 days. On January 3, after visiting Cathedral Cathedral Basilica of St. Francis of Assisi, we went to Loretto Chapel in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
Loretto Chapel
      There was the famous unusual helix-shaped spiral staircase, the Miraculous Stair, in this chapel.
Loretto Chapel
      The beautiful wooden stair was made without the use of nails or visible center support in the 1870s. Then, 10 years after it was built, the railing was added.
The Loretto Chapel Spiral Staircase

Loretto Chapel
      There was a gift shop attached to this chapel. We found this beautiful white dove ornament there. I thought it's perfect for our Christmas tree.

 Every year, I decorate Christmas tree in my home, the dove ornament will remind me of our traveling in Santa Fe. :)

Loretto Chapel
207 Old Santa Fe Trl 
Santa Fe, NM 87501

      Then, we headed toward the Oldest House. I will write about it next time. :)


     My entries related to travel can be seen here.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/travel

     My entries related to New Mexico can be seen here.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/New%20Mexico 


No comments:

Post a Comment