Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Japanese Porcelain Wares - Arita-yaki

Arita Yaki

    It is a custom in Japan that a bride and groom give gifts to guests during their wedding reception party. When my husband and I attended brother-in-law's wedding reception party in Japan, we received a wedding gift catalog. There were many products from which we were able to choose on the catalog, and I finally chose five bowls of Arita-yaki, which is Japanese porcelain wares made in Arita, Japan. It's because it is not easy for me to get authentic Japanese porcelain wares in the U.S. and usually is very expensive here. In addition, when I serve Japanese foods with these, it looks very professional and makes me happy. :) I believe it is essential to stick to plate wares because we use them almost every day.
Arita Yaki


    I like the fact that Arita-yaki is colored porcelain with cobalt blue, red and gold. My Arita-yaki has very beautiful flower paints. It looks very gorgeous. :)

Arita Yaki

Arita Yaki



     My Arita-yaki has a small red flower paint on the bottom of the bowl.
Arita Yaki



     Each Arita-yaki has a print, "有田焼", to authenticate the porcelain ware.
Arita Yaki




      In Japan, there are many different porcelain wares, such as Arita-yaki. These are pretty heavy, but I recommend you to get authentic Japanese porcelain wares if you travel to Japan. I'm going to share with you my Japanese table wares next time.


     This is also my entry you might like.
Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Japanese Supermarkets (for Beginners!)

No comments:

Post a Comment