Monday, October 21, 2013

Studying Forever

      Today, I went to a Korean restaurant to meet my Korean friend who was one of my classmates at ESL school four years ago. We didn't see each other for long time. She told me that she had stopped taking ESL classes and has been studying English with her Korean friends every day. I told her that it was good for her to continue to study English with her study group. However, I also suggested her to take ESL classes because I believe that it is important to improve writing and reading skills in English to live in the U.S. I think that speaking skill can improve without going to school, but it is almost impossible to improve writing and reading skills if you don't go to school. I told her that she should finish taking the advanced upper writing class at least someday, and her writing skill will enable to do a lot of things and will improve the quality of her life little by little. She agreed with my opinion. She told me that she was scared to take advance class. That's why she stopped taking ESL classes. She told me that most her Korean friends think speaking is more important than English grammar, and they believe that when their speaking skill improves, their grammar knowledge expands without studying. However, she disagrees with her Korean friends and also thinks that studying grammar is very important to improve her English skills. She told me that she will go back to school from next semester. :) However, I don't have a plan to take any ESL class. :P Because I finished taking advanced ESL classes and passed NCLEX, I would like to take some medical class for my future career. I studied almost 3,000 advanced vocabularies in August and September, but recently I have realized that I forgot most of them! I need to study for them again prior to take medical classes! The important thing is not to stop studying.   

No comments:

Post a Comment