Monday, October 14, 2013

Until I Became a Registered Nurse

     As soon as I came back to my home from Japan, I received my Registered Nurse license card! I became a Registered Nurse in the U.S. officially. :) I finally accomplished one of my biggest goals!

     Becoming a RN was not easy for me at all. When I moved to the U.S. five years ago, I didn't think that I would be a nurse in the U.S. Soon after starting going to ESL school in 2009, I decided to be a nurse someday and to dedicate myself to English study. I was struggling to study English everyday because I couldn't understand English at all at that time. However, I didn't give up learning it even though I cried many times after school. I didn't understand what classmates were saying and misunderstood during class. After crying, I decided to watch DVDs as long as possible to improve my listening skill and studied grammar to keep up with my ESL class. Looking back, maybe I wasn't happy at all, but when I noticed my English improvement, I was able to feel that my hard study had been paying off gradually. When I visited Japan four years ago, my friend asked me what I was glad most in the U.S. I told her that when I noticed my English improvement, I felt very happy. She might not have understood exactly what I was going through. However, what I felt was true for me. The right answer for her was maybe, "Shopping makes me happy." or something like that, but noticing my English improvement makes me happy more than anything. Studying English has been everything for me since 2009. The most difficult thing for ESL students is keeping up your motivation to study English, but I always could do my best for my English study because I had a huge goal, which was being a nurse in the U.S. I strongly felt that it's my fate. As I went through in difficult period in my life, I learned many things from my experience. After I got a nursing license, I felt self-confident and am proud of myself now. I may have difficult time in the future, but I know that I will finally overcome it.

     Today, I watched Steve Job's 2005 commencement address again. His speech always inspires me a lot.









No comments:

Post a Comment