Thursday, June 20, 2013

Drug Addiction - Heroin

      These days, I have been focusing on studying for drug addictions because many quizzes for NCLEX are related to drug addictions. While drug addiction is a huge problem in the U.S., I didn't know what marijuana, cocaine, and heroin look like and how these affect human body.
    Today, I watched the video which is about heroin addiction because by doing quizzes for nursing study today, I knew that one of symptoms of heroin addiction is hypoactive. I wanted to make sure how heroin works, and watching the video helped my nursing study.



Heroin Nation

      Heroin is made with opium poppy, which is also a souse of many narcotics such as morphine. Morphine is used for alleviating strong pain, especially cancer pain.



     The ways to administer heroin are various. The most heroin addicts prefer intravenous injection because it is the fastest route of the administration.    


   


No comments:

Post a Comment