Saturday, June 8, 2013

I Got Moles Removed

      Today, I went to Westminster to get moles removed. I had been afraid and hesitated to get them done for a long time because I was not sure whether it would be successful. I always wanted to get moles removed, but I liked my face at the same time. If I had needed to get surgery for mole removal, my face would have changed slightly due to incision. However, I knew that my moles could be removed by laser procedures, and I found a beauty clinic which has many positive reviews.  Finally, I decided to get my moles removed, and I thought it was the best time for mole removal for me because I will stay at home mostly for nursing study for at least seven weeks, so I won't be embarrassed by my scars.
     It was pretty easy to find the clinic, which was located in a huge Vietnamese mall, but when my husband and I walked inside, I had second thoughts about this clinic because it looked like an old style pharmacy or something like that. There was only one Vietnamese man who looked like age 60 sitting on the sofa near the entrance. He spoke very little English and asked me if I had an appointment. I didn't make appointment because when I called them, they said that appointment was not necessary. At the time, there was no patient, so I could get my procedure done right after walking in.
     The treatment room was very small, and there was a woman who spoke very little English as well. She asked me if I was Vietnamese. It was little difficult to understand what she was saying but was mostly no problem because I know Vietnamese accents. I was told to lie down on the bed, and then I asked her if I could get all moles removed. She told me that it would cost $150 for 15 mole removal, and I thought it was very inexpensive. She sterilized my face with alcohol and put topical anesthetic ointments on my face. During the laser procedures, I smelled burning flesh, and I felt sharp stings. She suggested me to remove one more mole which was on my eyelid, that scared me but was done successfully. In the end, I got 17 moles removed.
     She told me not to touch my face today, and I can wash my face from next morning. She gave me two small packs of antibiotic ointments and instructed me to apply them after five days. (After getting home, I was wondering why after five days...) She told me that it would take a week for small moles and for two week for bigger one to heal. She told me that if moles appear again, she would try to remove them for free.
      When I tried to check out, they told me that they strongly prefer to get paid by cash even though they accept credit card as well. We had only $149 (That was all we had at the time. We paid with coins too.), and they said it was okay because they still wanted to avoid to get paid by credit card.
     After that, we went to a Vietnamese supermarket because the clinic was located in a huge Vietnamese mall. However, we didn't buy anything there because my husband was exhausted emotionally. I didn't know why, but he told me that it was very hard for him to see the procedure, and if I were his daughter, he would never have allowed me to get a mole on my eyelid removed because it looked very dangerous. He told me that he didn't want to see something hurt me. 
    We went to a Vietnamese restaurant, and I ordered Pho Ga as usual. After lunch, my husband wanted to drink Vietnamese coffee, but we gave up because we didn't have any cash at that time because we used all our cash for mole removal. :)
     I hope all scars will heal well and all moles will be completely gone.



No comments:

Post a Comment