Friday, February 8, 2013

Traveling to Shanghai - 6 (12/29)

In the early morning on December 29, we had a lot of breakfast at the hotel as well as previous day.


Their sweets were very small and cute. :) I liked the fact that these were not excessively sweet.

Then, we headed toward the East Nanjing Road to get my hair done. I found the hair salon on travel site. It read that the hair salon shampoos your hair and massages your shoulder for 15 minutes at a reasonable price. On the way to the hair salon, we were able to see many lively shops in the city.
It took us time to find the hair salon, but we finally entered there. We requested to shampoo our hair. We took a seat, and they started shampooing our hair in a chair. It seemed that it needed a lot of work to foam up my hair because my hair was super long. After rinsing my hair, they dried and set my hair. They didn't massage my shoulder at all, but I was satisfied with their work since it was only RMB 44 for two people.

Then, we went to foot massage salon. I got my feet massaged for 60 minutes by a man who was visually impaired. As soon as he stated my massage, the clerk brought warmed neck pillow, which made me really relax. The foot massage was excellent! He was the best foot massage practitioner I have ever had! The massage refreshed my tired legs completely.  

During the massage, the clerk served tea and some snacks. I was surprised the tea was very good. After my massage, I asked clerk what kind of tea she had served in English. She didn't understand neither my English nor my Japanese. I tried writing Japanese, and it worked! I was able to know it was oolong tea. I was familiar with oolong tea, but I couldn't recognize it was oolong tea since it tasted very authentic. I decided to buy the same tea at Shanghai First Food hall, which we had gone previous day.

After that, we went to coffee shop to rest for a while.
 Then, we went to Shanghai First Food hall.

The store was very crowded and was filled with insane amount  of customers.


We didn't buy tea which we were planing on buying, but we bought some sweets instead.
 We bought two egg tarts and cookies.

It was very chilly due to heavy rain. That's why we went back to our hotel. Because we didn't have any plan anymore, I searched on Internet where we should go next while my husband was taking a nap. I searched how to take a train in Shanghai and decided to go to Carrefour, which is a huge supermarket.
We bought many souvenirs, such as oolong tea, pu-erh tea, jasmine tea and some snacks. 
 My husband found Red Bull. He bought them, but he said these were more sweet than one in the U.S.

We took a train again to go back to the hotel.


Inside station seemed as same as Japan. On the train, a woman said something to me in Chinese, but I did not understand what she said. Because I am Asian, she thought that I was Chinese. Haha



Outside was getting more chilly because it was snowing. I couldn't believe the extreme cold weather. I was not able to tolerate the cold.
We hadn't decided which restaurant we would go, but on the way to the hotel, we found that restaurant. There was a menu with pictures outside the restaurant. It seemed like a seafood restaurant. My husband wanted to eat Shanghai crab, so we decided to go inside.

 When we sat down, they brought a menu in Chinese with no picture. We asked them if there was a menu with pictures like the one outside. They immediately noticed we were foreigners and asked us to sit at a different seat. They brought English menu with pictures. We were relived. :) Actually, their service was incredibly good. For instance, when my husband dropped a chopstick, they immediately brought an extra chopstick and asked us whether we needed fork or something. We had no problem using chopsticks because we are Japanese. Haha :)
cucumber with miso
 The fried shrimp, which they recommended, was really fresh and good!
fried shrimp

fried shrimp rice and tomato & egg soup
 The Shanghai crab was my husband's must eat meal in Shanghai. Usually, Shanghai crab is very expensive, but it was very reasonable and tasted very good.
Shanghai crab





We were satisfied with their food as well as their incredibly good service and reasonable price. We talked that we wanted to go to the restaurant again before leaving Shanghai. My husband told me that I shouldn't eat a lot of breakfast at the hotel next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment