Friday, February 15, 2013

Make Habits - Exercise and Reading -

I started my 30-day challenge, which was going to my apartment's gym everyday, on January 15, but I failed this time. :(  I went to the gym for 15 days in a row, but after I got sick on January 31, I stopped going to the gym. That day, I had a high fever and was sore all over my body, so I really needed to rest. After three days, these symptoms were completely gone, but I didn't go to the gym nonetheless. It's because I became lazy again. :(

I want to try the same challenge again. My husband and I will move into our new apartment within a month, so I think we are going to be busy and tired. However, I think I should work out everyday because I started having backaches again after stopping going to the gym. I seriously need to exercise on a daily basis. My current apartment gym has an excellent gym, yet our new apartment has more latest work out equipments in the spacious gym. My husband and I are looking forward to exercising in new place. :)

In addition, I want to try another challenge, which is reading an article out loud everyday for 30 days. I know that reading articles helps to improve your reading and writing skill. Because I am not an avid reader, it is difficult to make a habit. Although I have read some articles since I made my new year's resolution, I haven't done it everyday. Now, I seriously want to improve my writing skill. As I mentioned in my previous entry, last semester, my ESL teacher suggested me to take an academic writing essay class, which native college students take, in order to be bilingual someday. At that time, I didn't think I can be a bilingual even if I study very hard. However, I want to try and see how my English will improve. Frankly, I still don't think I can become a bilingual, but I want to finish that writing class at least before I start working as a RN. However, I understand that my current writing skill is not good enough. Compared with my peers, my vocabulary, expression, and reading abilities are very limited even though I am comfortable with grammar. I hope my writing skill will improve as good as American students before this summer in order to take that class. Thus, I need to study harder than ever before.

I hope I will accomplish my 30-day challenges this time! :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment