Saturday, February 2, 2013

Traveling to Shanghai - 1 (12/26-12/27)

On December 26 through 31 in 2012, my husband and I traveled to Shanghai before going to Japan. I'm going to write about our travel in Shanghai little by little from now on. :)



On the morning on December 26, we took a China Eastern Airline flight from Los Angeles to Shanghai.

According to my husband, the reviews of China Eastern Airline hadn't been very good, but he said they definitely would be better than Delta Airline. As I mentioned in my previous entries (here and here), he has had terrible experiences with Delta Airline, so he would never use their flight again, neither would I. :P   Indeed, we were satisfied with China Eastern Airline's service. We know their service was not the highest quality; however, considering to their reasonable flight tickets, they were pretty good. Our flight didn't delay significantly, and flight meals were not bad since we preferred Asian foods. Even though there was no individual TV, we didn't care about that because we took our iPad onto the airplane and were able to enjoy watching movies and photos through our iPad.  :)

During our 14 hour flight, they served flight meals three times.

The first flight meals
pork and noodle

chicken and rice


The second flight meal
hot sandwich



The third flight meals
chicken and rice

pork and noodle


We finally got to Pudong International Airport! It was in the evening on December 27 in Shanghai time. I was very glad to be there because I hadn't visited Japan for three years, and I missed Asia very much. At the airport, there was Famima, which is a Japanese convenience store. We were able to find many Asian foods there. :) We were very excited, but we needed to find the way to go to our hotel anyway.

I'll continue this next time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment