Friday, February 1, 2013

Mindy Gledhill - Anchor

I found the song, Anchor by Mindy Gledhill, when I was watching Michelle Phan's Youtube video. I became interested in her song because of her beautiful voice. Today, I found that Mindy Gledhill has her own blog, so I bookmarked it and decided to read her blog on a daily basis. :)




Mindy Gledhill / Anchor



Lyrics

When all the world is spinning ‘round
Like a red balloon way up in the clouds
And my feet will not stay on the ground
You anchor me back down 


I am nearly world renowned
As a restless soul who always skips town
But I look for you to come around
And anchor me back down

 
There are those who think that I’m strange
They would box me up and tell me to change
But you hold me close and softly say
That you wouldn’t have me any other way

 
When people pin me as a clown
You behave as though I’m wearing a crown
When I’m lost I feel so very found
When you anchor me back down

 
Chorus
 
When all the world is spinning ‘round
Like a red balloon way up in the clouds
And my feet will not stay on the ground
You anchor me back down 





   Today's Vocabulary
・ spin round : グルグル回る、勢いよく振り返る
・ way up : 向上、改良
     ex) way up there  : 《be ~》上位に来る
・ anchor : verb / ~をしっかりと固定する、支える
     ex) Spanish roots anchor this small town. : スペイン人の基盤がこの小さな町を支える。
・ back down : 後へ引く、後退する、退却する、引き下がる
・ world renowned : 世界中に知られた、世界規模で有名な
・ restless soul : 絶えず活動している[動いている]中心的存在
・ come around : phrasal verb / 〔人が場所を〕ぶらっと訪れる
     ex) If you could come around to my house, I would appreciate it. : うちに立ち寄ってくれるとうれしいのだが。
     ex) He doesn't come around here anymore.

     ex) I'm sure she'll come around before long.
・ box up : phrasal verb / 箱詰めにする
not have it any other way  他のやり方は駄目だ、今のやり方がいい
・ pin : verb / ~をピンで留める、固定する、動かないようにする、くぎ付けにする、押さえ込む、行く手を遮る
・ clown : noun / 話〉不作法な人、下品な人、役立たず

 



No comments:

Post a Comment