Thursday, November 8, 2012

Taking Fingerprints

I went to my college police station in order to take fingerprints for applying NCLEX today after my class. While I was waiting there, a man came into there to take fingerprints too. I was surprised that he is also applying NCLEX. He asked me which nursing school I graduated from. I thought that he thought I studied around here. I told him I graduated from my nursing school in Japan. He told me that he would finish taking all units required in two weeks from today, and he was planing on taking NCLEX next month. I was surprised that it's very soon because it usually takes around 6 to 12 month to accept the application for international applicants. I thought he studied at nursing school in the U.S.; therefore, his procedure will go smoothly. He told me that he has a part time job as an ambulance man. He doesn't have a license yet, so he only transports patients now. He told me that he'd like to work at critical care after getting the license. He told me that NCLEX is not easy even for Americans, so it must be hard for international applicants like me to take it in English. Yeah, I know that, but I believe I will pass the exam someday because the contents of the exam are not too difficult for me and my understanding of those question is not as bad as my speaking. I think the most difficult part will be when I actually start working because of my speaking. I asked him if getting job as a nurse was difficult. He told me that it's hard to find jobs in big city now. He said he was okay to drive far distance in order to make much money. I thought I might need to find workplace outside of my city. Anyway, I need to pass NCLEX first.





   Today's Vocabulary
・ critical care : 救命救急診療
     ex) critical care center 救命救急センター
     ex) critical care unit 重症管理室
 

No comments:

Post a Comment