Tuesday, November 27, 2012

I Strained My Back Again

I still have a back pain. It's been a month since I strained my back to a point where I became immobile. After that day, I stretched and exercised almost everyday. However, I haven't done it for a week because of holiday. No, actually it's because of my laziness. Last Wednesday, I used hot pack, and it worked very well. Usually, you shouldn't use hot pack during acute phase. It's because during acute phase, you have an inflammation in your back. If you heat up your back during this phase, it leads to further inflammation and can increase pain. However, it's been a month since I strained my back, so my case has already become chronic phase. It's a good idea to use hot pack during chronic phase because warming up brings more blood flow and releases muscle tension as well. Which means it will improve your recovery and release your pain. That's why I tried hot pack. It worked very well, and I didn't feel pain while using it. Then, I stopped exercising again even though I understood how serious I need to exercise regular basis. :P Two days ago, I strained my back again and feel hopeless now. I don't think my back can sustain for many years if I keep avoiding exercise. If my length of life is 50 years more, I need to maintain my back to last longer. Now, I need to tolerate my pain when I sit on chairs and walk with my heavy bag to my class. Anyway, all I can do for it now is only exercise for strengthening my muscle.





   Today's Vocabulary
・ have an inflammation in : ~に炎症を起こしている 
・ heat up : phrasal verb /  温める 
・ bring more blood flow : 〔主語によって〕血液の流れが良くなる 
・ release muscle tension : 筋肉の緊張を解き放つ 

No comments:

Post a Comment