Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Smog Check

Yesterday, I took my car to Pep Boys for smog check. My car was able to pass all inspections for smog check. It cost $ 38.24 (CA certificate was for $8.25, and official CA emission test was for $29.99.)
It took only 45 minutes because I went there early morning.

Last month, I was looking for a place to get my car's smog check done. I found some places which provide smog check for $23 to $28. I thought it was very cheap! Then, I checked their review. Most customers have complained about their price and service. They were giving away coupons for smog check. But when people went there, they said, "You can't use this coupon for your car, it will cost about $60." I didn't know whether it was a fraud or not, but I didn't want to get my car checked there.
I finally decided on Pep Boys. My husband and I have gotten our car inspections and some replacements in the past, and we have never felt discontent with their service. And the price was not too shabby. :)





 Today's Vocabulary
・ emission : noun / 排気、排出
・ fraud : noun / 詐欺、ペテン師 (Pronunciation is frɔ'ːd
・ discontent : adjective / 不満な
  ex) feel discontent with : ~に不満を感じる

No comments:

Post a Comment