Friday, April 6, 2012

I Activated It on the Phone by Myself

I got Amazon credit card yesterday, and I activated it on the phone by myself.

My friend had thought that we probably couldn't make a credit card because we didn't a have job. She applied for her own credit card few month ago, but her credit card was not approved. Then, she already gave up in making her own credit card. I think she's just gotten her social security number, so she doesn't have any credit history yet. So far, she has used joint credit card with her husband.
I got my social security number a month after moving to the U.S. Then, I went to a bank and made my own credit card. I heard that bank credit cards don't need credit history, but there was no reward! That's sad for me, but I just needed it anyway because I needed to built my credit history. I used it every months for almost three years. Then I applied for my new credit card tentatively. Then, it was approved! :) Yesterday, I advised my friend how to make your own credit card.
I usually use American Express because I can earn reward points by using it, but my school doesn't accept it. I have to use my Visa card to pay tuition fee. Some restaurants don't accept American Express as well. So, I wanted to make a Visa credit card. I heard Amazon Visa credit card was pretty good. :) I'm looking forward to earning my rewards. :)






 Today's Vocabulary
・ activate : verb / 有効にする
・ joint credit card : 共同名義のクレジットカード
  ex) joint account : 共同名義の口座
・ tentatively : adverb / 試しに、とりあえず、恐る恐る

No comments:

Post a Comment