Monday, April 16, 2012

Class for Summer Semester

Today, I registered for an ESL class for summer semester. I was going to take the same class that I'm taking right now, but I changed my mind this morning. I'm going to take advanced class. This morning, I looked over my textbook which I used last summer because it is going to be used for next summer class. A year ago, I felt grammar was easy enough, but my reading book was a little difficult for me. But I thought I understood most of the textbook, and it's not difficult for me now. I think studying the same textbook is kind of boring, the teacher's teaching method is amazing though. I was afraid that my husband and I might visit Japan in summer. If I go up to next level and miss class for two or three weeks, I'm going to have to drop out from the class. I'm unsure whether we're going to Japan or not. It depends on my husband's schedule. He said that visiting Japan in the summer is less plausible. So, I decided to register for advanced class. If we decide to visit Japan, I will drop out my class before the final drop out date. I want to improve my English, and I want to finish advanced writing classes before I pass NCLEX.
I'll be very busy in summer semester, but I think it's time to study harder. :) The most important thing for me is not to stop studying nursing in regardless of the difficulty of my ESL class. Maybe I can do it!





 Today's Vocabulary
・ look over : phrasal verb / ~にザッと(一通り)目を通す
・ plausible : adjective / (話・説明などが)もっともらしく思われる、もっともらしい
  ex) Her story seemed plausible. : 彼女の話はもっともらしかった。

No comments:

Post a Comment