Saturday, January 28, 2012

I Have a Cold

I have had a sore throat since yesterday. However, I don't have a fever because I got my tonsils removed five years ago. Before that, I often fell sick with an acute tonsillitis which lead to a high fever. As soon as I felt dull in my throat, I used to always get sick with a high fever. When my doctor had encouraged me to get my tonsils removed, I was unsure and afraid. After my surgery, I have never suffered from tonsillitis with a high fever again.

I have been trying to keep myself warm and taken cold medicine since yesterday.
I hope I'll recover soon.





 Today's Vocabulary
・ have a sore throat : 喉の痛みがある
・ lead to : phrasal verb / ~を引き起こす、結果として~に導く、~の原因となる
  ex) A cold often leads to all kinds of disease. : 風邪は万病の元
  ex) One thing leads to another. :  一つのことが別のきっかけとなる。/事が事を導く。
  ex) It may lead to error in the operating of system. : システムの操作でエラーを引き起こすことがあります。
・ feel dull in my throat : 喉に違和感を感じる
・ unsure : 不安な、弱気な、不確かな
  ex) If you're still unsure, you should know it can be returned within seven days of receipt. : ご心配であれば、それが到着してから7日以内は返品に応じます。
  ex) be unsure of one's ability : 自分の能力に自信がない
・ suffer : verb / 苦しむ、病気する
  ex) suffer a bad headache : ひどい頭痛を患う、ひどい頭痛に苦しむ

No comments:

Post a Comment