Thursday, January 12, 2012

The Way to Wear the Scarf

Today was the first Thursday meeting for this year. My friend and I meet to improve our speaking at a cafe every Thursday.
While I was waiting in line to order coffee, a woman who was standing in front of me showed interest in my scarf. She asked me if I was wearing two scarves.
I said to her, "I'm wearing only one." She thought my scarf looked like two.
Then, she asked me, "Is your scarf long?"
I said, "It's not very long."
Then, she asked me how to wear the scarf.

I learned it from youtube several months ago. I have worn my scarf this way many times since then. I also like this style.

Twist & pull 1:38

The way I wore today was second one "Twist & pull".

The twist & pull
1. Fold scarf in half.
2. Put it on your head.
3. Take one of its end, and loop it through.
4. Twist the loop, and pull the other one through.

I tried teaching her how to properly wear the scarf this way, but I couldn't teach her using correct English. However, she was able to understand visually.
I looked back today's episode, and I checked the youtube video again. Now I am confident that I can teach anyone in English.
I hope I can do it right next time.





 Today's Vocabulary
・ show interest in : ~に興味を示す、~に乗り気になる
  ex) show interest in someone's idea : (人)の考えに興味を示す

No comments:

Post a Comment