Monday, August 12, 2019

6 Reasons Why I Like Tello Mobile - I Saved $500 A Year on Our Cell Phone Bills!

     A few years ago, I started thinking that I was paying too much on my phone plan. At that time, I was using my iPhone with Boost Mobile and was paying for $30 for 2G Unlimited Minutes. It was not too expensive, but I thought that I didn't need much data and minutes. Now, many places have free Wi-Fi such as offices, schools, Starbucks and etc, and I prefer texting over talking on the phone. I thought that I only need less data and minutes. That's why I decided to switch my phone carrier a year ago. Can you believe that my phone plan costs only $6 a month with Tello now? (I have never paid more than $10 a month on my cell phone bill since I switched to Tello about a year ago!) I still use my iPhone like I did before, but I use it with different carrier and I pay so much less on my phone plan! I decided to choose Tello because they have many positive online reviews. Before I switched to Tello, my husband was thinking about switching to Mint Mobile because he thought that he needs more gigs. However, he eventually chose Tello after me because it's incredibly cheap and I have been very satisfied with it. Surprisingly, we saved about $500 a year on our cell phone bills! I think that switching to Tell was the best decision I've ever made! Today, I'm going to share 6 reasons why I like Tello Mobile with you.




6 Reasons Why I Like Tello

1. No Contract and No Early Termination Fee
    Now, I think that Tello is the best cell phone carrier for me, but if I find better carrier in the future, I can switch over it anytime without any fee. For instance, you can switch to Tello this month, and you can leave from Tello next month.


2. Roll Over Remaining Data and Minutes with Manual Renew
    Only if you renew your cell phone plan manually, your remaining balance will roll over. I think that it's very great because most people never use up your data and minutes every month. Now, my plan is $6 (500MB and 100 minutes), but I have enough data and minutes by renewing the plan manually. I use Reminder App on my iPhone in order not to forget phone plan renewal on time.  (When your plan is automatically renewed, unused data and minutes will be lost after 30 days. If you choose unlimited minutes, no minutes or no data, your unused minutes and data will be lost as well.) 



3. Flexible Affordable Phone Plan
     Tell has flexible phone plans, and you can choose the best plan every month. (By the way, all plans include unlimited free text.) If you have enough remaining balance, you can downgrade it. When you expect that you will need more data and minutes next month because of job hunting, moving or traveling, you can upgrade it anytime.
You Can Build Your Own Plan







4. It's Sprint Network with 4G LTE!
    I live in Southern California, an area with good Sprint coverage, so I haven't had any problem with it at all. Even when I traveled Arizona, it was great in the desert too. You can check your coverage here.
Sprint Coverage

5. Bring Your Own Phone
     You don't need to purchase a new smartphone nor cell phone from Tello. You can check your phone's compatibility here. For instance, if you have unlocked iPhone, you can use it with Tello. If your smartphone is locked, contact your carrier and request an unlock.


6. Great Customer Service
     You get 24/7 support from Tello. When my phone plan renewal process was taking longer on my computer, I wanted to make sure if it went well. I contacted them by live chat. They answered my question very quickly, and I was impressed at their great customer service.





How I Use Less Data on My Smartphone
     Actually, I don't really try hard to save my data, but I changed cellular setting on my iPhone to avoid unexpected cellular data usage. You can google how to reduce cellular data for more information.

1. I Watch Netflix and YouTube Videos at Home.
      I love watching Netflix and YouTube videos on my iPhone, but watching online videos uses much data. That's why I only watch them using Wi-Fi at home. I turned off cellular data for Netflix and YouTube apps on my iPhone just in case. (Setting>Cellular>Cellular Data>turn off the apps you don't want to use with cellular data.)  If you want to watch Netflix video without Wi-Fi, you can download the video using Wi-Fi in advance and watch it on your smartphone without cellular data and Wi-Fi.
 



2. Manage Background App Refresh on My Smartphone
    I allow apps to refresh on Wi-Fi only. (Setting>General>Background App Refresh>Turn on "Wi-Fi")









 Tello is good for ...

People who prefer texting over talking. (Unlimited Free Text!)

People who use less data. (If you use less than 2G data a month, I think Tello is good for you.)




      Last night, I asked my husband what is disadvantage of using Tello. He told me, "Nothing. I don't have any complaints about Tello at all. Tello is great!"  He used to listen to YouTube music video in his car (That's why he used to think he would need large data plan), but now he enjoy listening to radio or CDs during his commute.  To me, Tello is just what I was looking for. No complaints for now. :)



$10 Tello Dollars
If you are interested in Tello, these are my referral link and code. You and I can get $10 Tello Dollars with my referral.

My Referral Link
https://tello.com/account/register?_referral=P3SV4S30

My Referral Code
P3SV4S30




     These are my entries you might like.
■How I Get Paid to Walk Using App

■The Reason Why We Traveled in Arizona - How We Used the $250 Hilton Aspire Resort Credit

■My Best Cash Back Credit Cards with No Annual Fee

■Why Couldn't You Save Money?

■Finished Reading the Book, Rich Dad Poor Dad: What The Rich Teach Their Kids About Money - That The Poor And Middle Class Do Not! 

■Finished Reading the Book, Rich Dad's CASHFLOW Quadrant: Rich Dad's Guide to Financial Freedom

■Real Estate in Japan vs U.S.


     My entries related to Best Japanese Beauty Products can be seen here.
 

     My entries related to Japan can be seen here.

     My entries related to beauty can be seen here.

     My entries related to Japan Haul can be seen here.

     You can find my beauty entries by categories from here.




No comments:

Post a Comment