Tuesday, July 2, 2019

How to Make Japanese Matcha Green Tea Ice Cream

   

    Yesterday, I've uploaded this video, How to Make Matcha Green Tea Ice Cream, on my YouTube channel. I used KitchenAid Stand Mixer and its ice cream maker attachment for this matcha ice cream, and it was very easy to make it!

      Actually, you can make ice cream without ice cream maker, and I used to do so. However, it's pretty a lot of work and takes many hours since you need to stir ice cream mixture every an hour until it is firmly frozen. If you have KitchenAid Ice Cream Make Attachment like me or have any other ice cream maker, I believe that it's very easy to make ice cream at home. :)
My KitchenAid Ice Cream Maker Attachment

      My husband told me that this matcha ice cream was so good! It was like the one we had at decent a Japanese restaurant. It tasted like fancy matcha ice cream to me seriously. ;) I hope you will try this recipe!




■What You'll Need■
3 Egg Yolks
90 g (3 oz) of Sugar
1 to 2 Tablespoons of Matcha
200 ml (6.7 fl oz) of Milk
230 ml (8 fl oz) of Whipping Cream
Sweetened Red Bean Paste (Optional)


       As I mentioned in my previous entry, How to Make Easy Matcha Green Tea Warabimochi, we found that this Morinaga Ogura-An (森永 小倉あん) is the best sweetened red bean paste we've ever purchased in the U.S. Red bean paste is optional for this recipe, but The combination of matcha dessert and sweetened red bean paste is always the best!
Morinaga Ogura-An (森永 小倉あん)


How to Make Japanese Matcha Green Tea Ice Cream


1. Put egg yolks, sugar and matcha into a bowl. Whisk together until completely combined.



2. Pour milk and whipping cream into a saucepan. Heat it over a medium-low heat. Stir constantly to prevent the milk from boiling over.



3. Scoop out two scoops of hot mixture from the saucepan, and pour them into the bowl of matcha mixture. Mix them thoroughly.



4. Slowly pour the mixture back to the saucepan. Stir constantly and keep cooking until heated through.




5. Strain the mixture into the bowl. Place it on water and stir. When it's getting cool down, place it on ice water until it's completely chilled. (When glass changes temperature rapidly, it's likely to break, so place glass bowl in water bath first. Then place it in ice water bath.)


6. Chill the mixture in refrigerator for hours.



7. Attached chilled ice cream maker to the stand mixer. Pour the chilled mixture into the bowl of the ice cream maker. Stir until an ice cream consistency is formed.




8. Transfer the ice cream into the container. Freeze the ice cream for hours.




 9. Serve and garnish with sweetened red bean paste. Enjoy!








       These are my entries you might like.

 

How to Make Matcha Warabi Mochi with Microwave Oven

How to Make Warabimochi with Microwave Oven

15 Popular Japanese Hard Candies and Gummy Candies

6 Japanese Products Loved by Foreign Tourists in Japan

Japanese Drip Coffee Bags - UCC & KEY COFFEE

Doutor Coffee

What I Ate in Asakusa, Tokyo

5 Best Delicious Souvenirs from Fukuoka 


    My entries related to cooking can be seen here.

    My entries related to my favorite recipes can be seen here.

    My entries related to foods my husband cooked can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japanese instant ramen can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japanese noodles can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan Haul can be seen here.
 

    My entries related to Best Japanese Beauty Products can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan can be seen here


    ★You can find my recipe entries through my Pinterest.


No comments:

Post a Comment