Saturday, June 8, 2019

How to Make Easy Matcha Green Tea Warabimochi





      Yesterday, I uploaded this video, How to Make Easy Matcha Green Tea Warabi Mochi, on my YouTube Channel. My husband and I were really surprised that this warabi mochi was very delicious! Did you know that the combination of matcha, kinako (roasted soy bean paste) and anko (sweetened red bean paste) is so perfect? It was like one authentic Japanese wagashi cafe serves! I hope you will try one. :)


       As I mentioned in my previous entry, How to Make Warabimochi with Microwave Oven, warabi mochi (warabimochi, わらび餅) is a traditional Japanese mochi dessert and coated with kinako, roasted soy bean flour.
Regular Warabi Mochi



Potato Starch, Katakuriko (片栗粉)
     Warabi mochi is made of starch. Traditionally, bracken starch (warabiko, わらび粉) is used to make warabi mochi, but it's very expensive. That's why now most warabi mochi selling in Japan is made of sweet potato starch or tapioca starch. This time, I used potato starch, katakuriko (片栗粉) for making warabi mochi. 




Roasted Soy Bean Flour, Kinako (きな粉)
     Kinako (きな粉) means roasted soy bean flour in Japanese. It's usually unsweetened, and you need to mix it with sugar according to your taste. However, this time, I garnished warabi mochi with anko (あんこ), sweetened red bean paste, so I didn't add any sugar to kinako.


Sweetened Red Bean Paste, Anko (あんこ), Ogura An (小倉あん)
      My husband loves sweetened red bean paste very much, he always stocks some in our refrigerator and often enjoys it with toast. Yet, it was our first time to try this Morinaga Ogura-An (森永 小倉あん). We were really surprised that Morinaga one tasted so much better than Shirakiku Sweetened Red Bean Paste, he has often purchased. Morinaga one is a bit expensive, but it was worth trying this one. :)



Ingredients (6 Servings)

For Mochi
3 Tablespoons of Sugar

4 Tablespoons of Potato Starch (Katakuriko) 
1 Cup of Milk 
1 Teaspoon of Matcha

For Garnish  
Roasted Soybean Flour (Kinako) 
Sweetened Red Bean Paste




     I'm going to share how to make matcha green tea warabi mochi with you. :)




1. Add sugar, potato starch and milk into a saucepan. Mix them thoroughly.


2. Sift matcha into it and stir thoroughly.


3. Place the pan over medium heat. Stir constantly until mixture is thick and smooth.


4. Wet the tray with water, and transfer the paste into it. Then, place it on the iced water.


5. Once it's cooled, cut the mochi with a wet knife.



6. Sprinkle roasted soybean flour over the mochi.


7. Top with sweetened red bean paste. Enjoy!






       These are my entries you might like.
 

How to Make Matcha Warabi Mochi with Microwave Oven

How to Make Warabimochi with Microwave Oven

15 Popular Japanese Hard Candies and Gummy Candies

6 Japanese Products Loved by Foreign Tourists in Japan

Japanese Drip Coffee Bags - UCC & KEY COFFEE

Doutor Coffee

What I Ate in Asakusa, Tokyo

5 Best Delicious Souvenirs from Fukuoka 


    My entries related to cooking can be seen here.

    My entries related to my favorite recipes can be seen here.

    My entries related to foods my husband cooked can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japanese instant ramen can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japanese noodles can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan Haul can be seen here.
 

    My entries related to Best Japanese Beauty Products can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan can be seen here


    ★You can find my recipe entries through my Pinterest.



No comments:

Post a Comment