Monday, December 4, 2017

How to Cook Curry Doria, Curry Rice Gratin - Japanese Curry Leftover Recipe

      When I cook Japanese curry, I cook a lot and eat it three days in a row at least. Japanese curry you have just cooked is delicious, but it tastes more delicious next day since it's thicker and has richer tastes. On the third day, you might be tired of eating Japanese curry. What do you cook with curry leftovers?

      You can cook curry doria, curry udon, curry korokke and so on with it. ;)  Last week, I cooked Japanese curry and also cooked curry doria with curry leftover two days later.

     Doria (ドリア) is a Japanese dish similar to gratin but with a rice base and was first created by the head of chef of Yokohama Hotel Newgrand (横浜ホテルニューグランド), located in Yokohama, Japan in 1930s. When you go to yoshoku (洋食) restaurants in Japan, you can probably find doria on the menu. Doria can be also cooked at home easily. Today, I'm going to share with you how to cook curry doria with curry leftover. I hope that you will try it a few days after you cook Japanese curry. :) 

Ingredients (4 Servings)

8 Tablespoons of Butter
4 Tablespoons of All Purpose Flour
2 Cups (500 ml) of Milk
Nip of Salt and Black Pepper
2 Cups of Japanese Curry Leftover
4 Servings of Steamed White Rice
1 Cup of Your Favorite Cheese
 


1. Heat butter in a sauce pan over medium low heat. When butter melts, add flour and milk. Stir them thoroughly.

    Stir constantly as it thickens. Add salt and black pepper according to your tastes.




2. Mix leftover curry, white rice and cheese. Put them in a casserole pan. I used Pyrex 6-cup bake wear.




3. Pour white sauce over the mixture of curry rice.




4. Cook it at 355℉ (180℃) in the oven for about 15 to 30 minutes until the surface of white sauce browns.




 5. Serve and enjoy!


       These are also my entries you might like.
■How to Cook Japanese Curry

■Top 5 Most Popular Japanese Curry Sauce Mix

■The Best Japanese Instant Curry! (S&B Golden Curry & House Foods Curry Sauce)

■What I Bought at Japanese Supermarkets

■Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Japanese Supermarkets (for Beginners!)

■Don Quijote (Donki) Haul - What He Got in Japan

■8 Interesting Japanese Kitchen Gadgets!

■Top 10 Most Popular Japanese Foods 

■My Top 15 Must Eat Foods in Japan - My Favorite Japanese Foods

■How to Make Japanese Deep Fried Chicken, Kara-Age

■How to Cook Miso Soup

■How to Cook Japanese White Cream Stew

■How to Cook Soboro Don, Japanese Scrambled Meat And Egg Bowl

■How to Cook Easy Teriyaki Chicken


    My entries related to cooking can be seen here.

    My entries related to my favorite recipes can be seen here.

    My entries related to foods my husband cooked can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japanese instant ramen can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japanese noodles can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan Haul can be seen here.
 

    My entries related to Best Japanese Beauty Products can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan can be seen here


    ★You can find my recipe entries through my Pinterest.



No comments:

Post a Comment