Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Find Your Way of Studying

  My friend and I went to cafe to enjoy chatting after our class. Our writing class is going to finish in two weeks. We talked about how we felt this class.
  I have done different kinds of numerous assignments in this class. Doing those assignments needed a great deal of effort for me, but I didn't feel much stress. It took me many hours to finish each assignment, but I was able to enjoy it nonetheless. Because I became interested in writing and found a liking for writing through my daily blog, I was really glad to take this class. I'm going to take the final exam in two weeks later from now, and I expect this to be difficult for me, but I think I can do my best.
   In contrast, my friend told me that she is stressed out to do each assignment. She told me while writing essays, she often cried because of difficulty. However, the more she learned, the less stress she felt. I told her I was nervous to take this class in the beginning of this semester because it was my first time to take writing class. I was worried whether or not I could keep up with the class. Because I have been writing in English on my blog everyday and have never skipped it, I ended up being used to writing in English. That's why I didn't feel much stress in my writing assignments. I suggested writing everyday to my friend, but she told me that her life is mostly a routine, so she doesn't have any exciting idea to write about on a daily basis. Let alone, she doesn't have enough excess time that she can spare for this activity. Everyone prefers different way of studying. Writing on my blog is the most effective way to improve my English skill, but I understand there are various ways to learn English. You can find your way, but I believe that never giving up and continuous work are significantly important to improve ones English ability.





   Today's Vocabulary
・ let alone : ~はもちろん、~は言うまでもなく、まして~なんて◆【用法】名詞・前置詞句・述部・不定詞・分詞・節などを従える。
     ex) ・He doesn't want to see anyone, let alone me. : 彼は、私はもちろんのこと、誰とも会いたがらない。
     ex) ・He can't read, let alone write. : 彼は読むことも書くこともできない。
     ex) ・I haven't ever heard the name of the shop, let alone know what they sell : 何を売っている店かはもちろん、店の名前さえ聞いたことがない。
     ex) ・I still don't understand hunting, let alone murder. : いまだに狩猟というものが理解できません。ましてや殺人などなおさらです。
     ex) ・We are not going to establish British companies across Europe, let alone across the world. : 私たちはイギリス系の会社をヨーロッパ全土に作り上げるつもりなどありません。まして世界中なんてとんでもない話です。
     ex) ・She's never even held a tiny baby let alone changed a nappy. : 彼女は小さな赤ん坊を抱いたことすらありません。ましてオムツを替えたことなんて。
     ex) ・Few companies had much idea of how much waste they produced, let alone what it consisted of. : 生み出される廃棄物の量を考える会社など、ほとんどなかった。ましてやその廃棄物が何でできているかなんて。

・ spare : noun / 余分な、余っている
     ex) have money enough to spare for ~するだけの余力がある
     ex) have no energy to spare for ~をするためのエネルギー[元気]がない
     ex) have the money to spare for ~する経済的余裕がある

No comments:

Post a Comment