Thursday, May 22, 2014

Going on a Day Trip to Santa Catalina Island - Part 5

      After semi-submarine tour, we took a walk around the town and looked for souvenirs.

Lloyd's Avalon Confectionery


Lloyd's Avalon Confectionery






 

     I saw many beautiful various designed tiles everywhere on the Island. I became more interested in Catalina Pottery tiles. As I mentioned in my previous entry, we fianlly found the paver magnets at Catalina Island Museum and purchased them there. :)
Catalina Pottery Tile Magnets

     We got on the ferry to go back to Newport Beach. We were very tired from walking all day long, so we both slept on ferry for the most of the time on the way home.

Newport Beach
      After arriving parking lot, we decided to walk on the Balboa Pier, which is just located near the Balboa Pier Municipal Parking Lot. It's because when we went to whale watching tour two months ago, we saw some whales pretty close to the pier. If you are lucky, you will see whales from the pier. :)

Balboa Pier
801 E Ocean Front
Newport Beach, CA 92661


     There was a big brown pelican sitting on the pier.
Brown Pelican

      I looked down the ocean from the pier as usual, and I found that there was the winsome California sea lion underneath the pier. She was staring at people, and I thought that she was waiting for being fed. One boy threw some frozen shrimps into the ocean, but the sea lion didn't eat them. She probably wanted fresh ones.

California Sea Lion
California Sea Lion



Balboa Pier
     We were not able to see whales but enjoyed walking on the pier as we always do. :)

       Even though we purchased ferry tickets with a great deal on Groupon, traveling to Catalina Island was pretty pricey for us. However, we were able to try what we had never experienced before, such as driving a golf cart and riding on a semi-submarine. We were really satisfied with our one-day trip on the Catalina Island. :)



       I uploaded my Youtube video which I recorded that day.



           These are my entries related to our day trip on Santa Catalina Island.

Going on a Day Trip to Santa Catalina Island - Part 1
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
     My entries related to Los Angeles can be seen here.



     These are also my Youtube videos related to Catalina Island.






No comments:

Post a Comment