Monday, May 5, 2014

Endeavour at California Science Center

     My husband and I went to California Science Center to see a space shuttle yesterday. We didn't know this museum before, but we really enjoyed there unexpectedly. It was more interesting than we thought!

      Specifically, Space Shuttle Endeavour was tremendous. Endeavour ran a total of 25 missions in 1992 through 2011, and now it is on displayed at the California Science Center.


     We could go under the space shuttle and see its details.






     We could see its tiled skin. The tiles were worn out, and I imagined that it was the proof of 25 arduous space missions. We had never seen the real space shuttle before, and it was amazing experience for us.

       There was a souvenir shop at the space shuttle showroom, and we purchased some for ourselves.


       I was looking for astronaut foods. If truth be told, I ate one when I was in elementary school in Japan. My elementary school teacher traveled to the U.S. during summer vacation back then, and she gave away dried ice cream to her all students. It was over 20 years ago, and I just remembered that it was very strange because it was dried food but tasted ice cream. My teacher gave precious experience for us. That's why I wanted my husband to eat astronaut food. This dried Neapolitan ice cream was $2.99. I purchased two packages and decided to give away one of them to my niece and nephews. I think it will be unforgettable experience for them as same as I experienced when I was little.
Astronaut Neapolitan Ice Cream for $2.99

      We tried the astronaut foods on the way home. Even though I had eaten one before, I didn't remember its taste clearly. This dried ice cream was just as same as ice cream taste! My husband was really surprised about that. :) I think the tastes of astronaut foods have improved since I was little! It was so good!
Astronaut Neapolitan Ice Cream for $2.99

       We also bought this souvenir magnet, which was $5.99.
Souvenir Magnet for $5.99

       This t-shirt was originally $17.99 but was on sale for $12.99. They were selling many kinds of t-shirts in similar price range.
Endeavour T-shirt for $12.99


      The admission fee of this museum was free surprisingly. We paid the parking ticket for $10 and the tickets to see Endeavour for $2 each. This museum is very specious and has more of areas we enjoyed. I'll write about the rest of the museum we saw next time.

      I uploaded my Youtube video which I recorded yesterday.


California Science Center

700 Exposition Park Dr
Los Angeles, CA 90037




       My entries related to Los Angeles can be seen here.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/Los%20Angeles


No comments:

Post a Comment