Saturday, March 3, 2012

Expiration Date of Makeups

When I started to watch youtube beauty channel, I was very surprised that many girls on youtube have a lot of makeups! First I thought that they cannot finish most of them before the expiration date.

In Japan, I read many beauty magazines and watched beauty TV channels. They mentioned not to use makeups past their expiration date. Most cosmetic products don't indicate expiration date, but we should know how long we should use that particular product. It's because it might cause premature aging of your skin.
I was wondering if people in the U.S. don't care about that. Compared to Japan, here in the west coast is always dry with moderate temperature. I thought makeups in the U.S. might last longer than ones in Japan. But I found a magazine a month ago, it mentioned about expiration date of cosmetic products.

Here is the general guideline for when to throw out your goods.

 Foundation : Up to two years
 Lipstick and gloss : Two years
 Mascara : Three months
 Blush and face powder : Two years
 Nail polish : One year
 Antiaging or acne treatment : Three months to a year
 Natural beauty products : Up to six months
 Sunscreen : Two to three years
 Deodorant : Up to two years
 Perfume : About three years

After I read the magazine, I threw some nail polishes away which I brought from Japan.

Even though I don't have excessive makeups, I can't finish most of them.






 Today's Vocabulary
・ makeup : noun / 化粧品
・ particular product : 特定の製品
・ premature : adjective / 早過ぎる
・ moderate temperature : 適温
・ general guidline : 一般的なガイドライン
・ excessive : adjective / 過度の、度を超えた

No comments:

Post a Comment