Friday, March 2, 2012

How to Cook Chikuzenni

I'm sorry it took me a while to list the recipe.
I'm going to share the recipe of Chikuzenni.



Ingredients   (If you don't know these Ingredients, please read my previous post. )
1 pound of chicken (cut the meat into bite size )
4 dried shiitake mushrooms
1/2 pound of carrot (cut the carrot into bite size)
1/2 pound of burdock roots (peel with back of the knife and cut into bite size portion. Then soak them into water)
1/2 pound of frozen sliced lotus roots (cut sliced lotus roots into half size)
1/2 pound of konnyaku (cut it into a half size)
1/2 pound of frozen satoimo
1 tablespoon soy sauce and 1 tablespoon mirin (marinate the chicken with this)
1 tablespoon hondashi
3 tablespoons cooking sake
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon mirin
2 tablespoons soy sauce



1. Soak dried shiitake into 100cc of hot water for 15 minutes. then cut them into half size portion. Keep the hot water as broth.
2. Heat oil in a pressure cooker over high heat. Fry meat and vegetables for 5 minutes.
3. Add hot water from dried shiitake to step 2. Then add hondashi, cooking sake, sugar, mirin and soy sauce. Cover the lid. When it the pot is fully with pressure, reduce heat to low and simmer for 4 minutes. Then, turn off the heat. Wait until it naturally deflates completely.
4. Enjoy!



    This is my entries related to my favorite recipe.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/recipes

      This is my entries related to cooking.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/cooking


 Today's Vocabulary
・ it took me a while : 私には時間がかかりました。
  ex) It took me a while to get used to my new life.
・ a pressure cooker : 圧力鍋
・ deflates : verb / 空気を抜く

No comments:

Post a Comment