Friday, March 23, 2012

That Is the Time I Need to Leave Home

I was 15 minutes late to class today. :(( I woke up at 9:45, but that is the time I need to leave home. I was in a hurry to get ready for school. When I woke up, I was worried about my teacher. It's because my teacher doesn't like students who come in late. When students come late, she always makes a face at the students. She also doesn't like students who go to restroom during class and even students who interrupts class by asking questions. She usually tells everyone no to almost everything. She usually smiles while teaching, but when students asked questions, she makes a face at the students and says, "You know, you were absent last time. We already learned this. This is a waste of time." or, "We gonna study soon but not now." Even if the student didn't miss class, she won't admit her mistake.
One day, the teacher said to a student who was asking a question, "Don't eat during class. I know everyone is hungry, but it is not appropriate in this class." The student said, "I'm not eating." but she said, "We can't allow even chewing gum." Then, students said, "I'm not eating chewing gum. I'm not eating anything." She made a mistake, but she didn't want to admit and didn't listen to what the student had to say anymore. I understand she wants to teach appropriate behaviors for her students. She usually smiles at her student, and her teaching methods are excellent. But when she makes a face at her students, I feel a little uncomfortable even though it's not towards me. In contrary to my teacher's behavior, she was absent for class without any notice few times in the past. I wondered why she haven't contacted us in the morning because she has always emphasized good behaviors and ethics in the class. She should try to be a good role model.
Anyway, I was depressed when I woke up late. I felt very sorry for my class. I'll never be in late on Fridays.

After class, I took my application for my tutoring to my school. I registered for a tutoring class. I'm going to take it every Tuesday from now on. :)





 Today's Vocabulary
・  come in late : 遅刻する
・  make a face at : ~に顔をしかめる
・  admit one's mistake : 間違いを認める
・  contrary to : ~に反して
  ex) ・Contrary to my expectation, I couldn't win the first prize. : 期待に反して、私は優勝を逃しました。

No comments:

Post a Comment