Thursday, May 18, 2023

Japanese Snack and Candy Haul - 9 Products I Purchased in Japan

 

Japanese Snack and Candy Haul

      As I mentioned in my previous entries, my husband and I visited Japan last year. We purchased our favorite plum crackers and sweet potato baumkuchen at Muji in Tokyo, and we also purchased more of Japanese snacks and candies at discount stores and convenience stores.

          If you love Japanese snacks and candies, you can check out my entries including popular Japanese candies and snacks, my previous hauls and etc. This time, I'm going to share nine products I purchased in Japan with you. Some of them have been my all-time favorite since I was a child. ;) 


1. Jagarico Cheese by Calbee (カルビー じゃがりこ チーズ)

Crunchy Potato Snack Sticks

55g

Purchased it for 99 yen at TRIAL in Fukuoka, Japan.

Jagarico Cheese by Calbee (カルビー じゃがりこ チーズ)

     When I visit Japan, I always purchased Calbee Jagarico (カルビーじゃがりこ). My all-time favorite Jagarico flavor is this cheese one. 

Jagarico Cheese by Calbee (カルビー じゃがりこ チーズ)

     They are very crunchy potato snack sticks. When I go to Japan next time, I will definitely buy some again!





2. Shittori Chocolate by Riska (リスカ サクッと しっとりチョコ)

Chocolate Corn Puffs

80g

Purchased it for 89 yen at TRIAL in Fukuoka, Japan.

Shittori Chocolate by Riska (リスカ サクッと しっとりチョコ)

      I really love all chocolate snacks made by Riska (リスカ). This Shittori Chocolate (しっとりチョコ) is my favorite chocolate corn puffs. If you love matcha chocolate flavor, you also should try Riska Shittori Matcha (しっとり抹茶), matcha chocolate corn puffs. Matcha one is very popular as well. 

Shittori Chocolate by Riska (リスカ サクッと しっとりチョコ)




3. Big Katsu by Suguru (すぐる ビッグカツ) 

Imitation Pork Cutlet

1 Piece

Purchased it for 30 yen at TRIAL in Fukuoka, Japan

Big Katsu by Suguru (すぐる ビッグカツ)

     This is one example of Japanese dagashi (駄菓子), Japanese snacks with very low price and small portion. When I was a child, I often chose this BIG Katsu for my school field trip snack. (My school allowed students to bring snacks under 300 yen for a field trip, so if I chose dagashi, I could buy many snacks. )  This BIG Katsu (ビッグカツ) is imitation pork cutlet and is actually made of minced fish. This is one of the most popular Japanese dagashi. 




4. Super Big Choco by Riska (リスカ スーパー BIG チョコ)

Chocolate Puff Bar

310 mm x 60 mm x 15 mm

Purchased it for 49 yen at TRIAL in Fukuoka, Japan

Super Big Choco by Riska (リスカ スーパー BIG チョコ)

       Super BIG Choco is long chocolate puff bar made by Riska. It's about 30 cm long! This is also popular dagashi in Japan. When I was child, I sometimes purchase it.  



5. Large Agesen Karashi Mentaiko by Bonchi (ぼんち 辛子明太子 大型揚せん)

Rice Cracker (Senbei)

5 Pieces

Purchased it for 119 yen at TRIAL in Fukuoka, Japan.

Large Agesen Karashi Mentaiko by Bonchi (ぼんち 辛子明太子 大型揚せん)

     I really love Bonchiage (ぼんち揚げ), deep fried rice crackers. This Large Agesen Karashi Mentaiko is Bonchiage with Yamaya karashi mentaiko in it. It's sweet and salty and has spicy mentaiko flavor.





6. Choco Bou Snacks by Riska (リスカ チョコ棒スナック)

Chocolate Snacks

10 Sticks

Purchased it for 138 yen at Mini Stop convenience store in Japan.

Choco Bou Snacks by Riska (リスカ チョコ棒スナック)

Choco Bou Snacks by Riska (リスカ チョコ棒スナック)
          I really love this this Choco Bou Snack, which is also chocolate snacks made by Riska (リスカ). I cannot believe that it's still very cheap (It's only 138 yen for 10 sticks!) and is always good. You can find this Riska Choco Bou at most convenience stores in Japan. As I mentioned in my previous entries, we purchased Riska Choco Bou at Lawson convenience store and 7-Eleven convenience store before. 




7. Choco Shu by Riska (リスカ チョコシュー)

Mini Chocolate Cream Puffs 

69 g

Purchased it for 100 yen at Mini Stop convenience store in Japan.

Choco Shu by Riska (リスカ チョコシュー)

Choco Shu by Riska (リスカ チョコシュー)
      This Choco Shu is also made by Riska. It contains so many small chocolate puffs and each puff has delicious chocolate cream in it.
Choco Shu by Riska (リスカ チョコシュー)
       We also purchased Riska Choco Shu at Lawson convenience store and 7-Eleven convenience store before.




8. Kuki Mekabu Lightly Salted (茎めかぶ うす塩味)

Boiled Mekabu Seaweed Stems

Purchased it for 138 yen at Mini Stop convenience store in Japan.

Kuki Mekabu Lightly Salted (茎めかぶ うす塩味)

      This is Kuki Mekabu (茎めかぶ), boiled seaweed stems. I'm not sure if you like it because it might be too Japanese, but I really love it. It's lightly salted and has umami flavor. When I go to Japan next time, I would like to buy some again.

Kuki Mekabu Lightly Salted (茎めかぶ うす塩味)





9. Grilled Scallop Strips (香ばしい風味の焼ほたて貝ひも)

Grilled Scallop Strips

18 g

Purchased it for 158 yen at 7-Eleven in Japan.

Grilled Scallop Strips (香ばしい風味の焼ほたて貝ひも)

      I purchased this Grilled Scallop Strips (香ばしい風味の焼きほたて貝ひも) at 7-Eleven convenience store located in Narita Airport. An hour before flying to Los Angeles from Narita Airport, we went to 7-Eleven for a last-minute shopping. I really wanted to buy more of Japanese foods and purchased this one. (I also purchased some rice balls and bread there.) I am glad that I decided to purchase this one. This is only 158 yen but has a lot of scallop strips in it. It's so savory and chewy. I will definitely buy one again! If you are in Japan, you really should try this savory Japanese snack. 😋  




        These are my entries you might like.

■ All Beauty Products I Purchased in Japan

■ Japanese Snack and Candy Haul - What I Purchased in Japan

■15 Popular Japanese Hard Candies and Gummy Candies

■4 Japanese Candies and Snacks, Official Souvenirs of the G7 2016 Ise-Shima Summit 

■8 Japanese Snacks and Candies I Purchased in Japan - Japan Haul

■10 Products I Purchased at Costco in Japan

■Japanese Grocery Haul - What I Purchased at Supermarket, Department Stores and Kitano Ace in Japan

■Don Quijote (Donki) Haul - What He Got in Japan

■What He Got at Drugstore in Japan - Haul

■Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Japanese Supermarkets (for Beginners!)

■My Top 15 Must Eat Foods in Japan - My Favorite Japanese Foods

■Top 10 Most Popular Japanese Foods

■5 Best Delicious Souvenirs from Fukuoka

■Top 3 My Favorite Delicious Souvenirs from Osaka 

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Snacks

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Sweets


     My entries related to popular and cool Japanese products can be seen here.
 
     My entries related to Best Japanese Beauty Products can be seen here.

     My entries related to Japanese sweets and snacks can be seen here.

     My entries related to beauty can be seen here.

     My entries related to Japan can be seen here.

     My entries related to cooking can be seen here.

     You can find my beauty entries by categories from here.


No comments:

Post a Comment