Thursday, May 6, 2021

Walking Around Tenma, Osaka in Japan - Osaka Tenmangu and Tenjinbashisuji Shopping Street

 

Osaka Tenmangu (大阪天満宮) , a Shinto shrine in Kita-ku, Osaka

      As I mentioned in my previous entries, my husband and I visited Osaka in 2019. While we were visiting Osaka, we walked through Tenjinbashisuji Shotengai.  

      Actually, we used to live in Osaka for years before we moved to the U.S. I used to commute to work in Kitaku, Osaka for four years, and I sometimes visited Tenjinbashisuji Shotengai (天神橋筋商店街), the longest shopping street in Japan, back then because it had many popular sushi restaurants, especially around JR Tenma station. You can check out my previous entry, The Best Places to Eat in Tenjinbashi in Osaka.   

  Tenjinbashisuji Shotengai is the Japan's longest shopping street extending from 1 chome to 6 chome.


 

 

Osaka Tenmangu (大阪 天満宮), A Shinto Shrine in Kita-ku, Osaka

Osaka Tenmangu (大阪 天満宮), A Shinto Shrine in Kita-ku, Osaka
    We first visited Osaka Tenmangu (大阪 天満宮), a shinto shrine located next to Tenjinbashisuji Shotengai in 2 chome, which is called Ten Ni (天2) or Tenjinbashi Ni Chome (天神橋2丁目).

Osaka Tenmangu (大阪 天満宮), A Shinto Shrine in Kita-ku, Osaka

    There were so many Japanese sake barrels!
A Lot of Japanese Sake Barrels

Medetai (めでたい), the Lucky Fish
     This large red fish decor is called medetai, the lucky fish in Japan.


Osaka Tenmangu (大阪 天満宮), A Shinto Shrine in Kita-ku, Osaka

Osaka Tenmangu (大阪 天満宮), A Shinto Shrine in Kita-ku, Osaka

Osaka Tenmangu (大阪 天満宮), A Shinto Shrine in Kita-ku, Osaka
     If you visit Tenjinbashisuji Shotengai and want to see a famous shinto shrine, Osaka Tenmangu is the place you should visit.
 
2 Chome-1-8 Tenjinbashi
Kita-ku, Osaka




Tenma Tenjin Hanjotei (天満天神 繁昌亭), the Kamigata Rakugo Entertainment Hall

Tenma Tenjin Hanjotei (天満天神 繁昌亭), the Kamigata Rakugo Entertainment Hall
     There is Tenma Tenjin Hanjotei (天満天神 繁昌亭), the Kamigata Rakugo (上方落語) entertainment hall, in 2 Chome. This is located just next to Osaka Tenmangu. Kamigata Rakugo is traditional Japanese story-telling in Osaka and Kyoto.
Tenma Tenjin Hanjotei (天満天神 繁昌亭), the Kamigata Rakugo Entertainment Hall
   If you are really into traditional Japanese comedy, you should check this place out.
 
2 Chome-1-34 Tenjinbashi
Kita-ku, Osaka




Tenjinbashisuji Shotengai (天神橋筋商店街), the Longest Shopping Street in Japan

Tenjinbashisuji Shotengai (天神橋筋商店街), the Longest Shopping Street in Japan
     Then we walked through Tenjinbashi Shotengai. We started walking from Ten Ni (天2), Tenjinbashi 2 Chome.
Tenjinbashisuji Shotengai (天神橋筋商店街), the Longest Shopping Street in Japan


Tenjinbashisuji Shotengai (天神橋筋商店街), the Longest Shopping Street in Japan


Tenjinbashisuji Shotengai (天神橋筋商店街), the Longest Shopping Street in Japan
    This is Ten San (天3), Tenjinbashi 3 Chome. There are many small stores and restaurants. 


Sushi Masa (すし政 本店), A Sushi Restaurant near JR Tenma Station

    Sushi Masa (すし政 本店), a famous sushi restaurant is located in 4 chome.

Sushi Masa Honten (すし政 本店)
4 Chome-9-10 Tenjinbashi
Kita-ku, Osaka



Harukoma (春駒), A Sushi Restaurant near JR Tenma Station

       Harukoma (春駒) was my favorite sushi restaurant located in 5 chome. When I worked in Kita-ku, Osaka, my coworkers and I sometime enjoyed very authentic sushi at this restaurant. This restaurant is always popular and very busy. Indeed, there was a long line to enter this restaurant. If you want to have the best sushi around JR Tenma station, I recommend you to try this sushi restaurant. They serve high quality sushi with affordable prices.

Harukoma (春駒)
5 chome-6-8 Tenjinbashi
Kita-ku, Osaka





       These are my entries you might like. 

The Best Places to Eat in Tenjinbashi in Osaka 

What I Ate Around Abeno Harukas in Osaka, Japan

Abeno Harukas in Osaka - The Tallest Building in Japan


Hotel Room Tour and Review - Conrad Osaka - Osaka, Japan

16 Best Japanese Beauty Products I Purchased in Japan - Drugstore, Discount Store, Daiso and Amazon Japan

Japanese Snack and Candy Haul - What I Purchased in Japan

Japanese Grocery Haul - What I Purchased at Supermarket, Department Stores and Kitano Ace in Japan

10 Products I Purchased at Costco in Japan

Japanese Bread Haul - Shokupan, Melonpan, Anpan and More

7 Products I Purchased at Muji Store in Japan - Muji Haul
 
Starbucks Japan Geography Series City Tumbler - Osaka   

Top 3 My Favorite Delicious Souvenirs from Osaka

Top 5 Breakfast Restaurants around Tenjinbashi in Osaka, Japan


The Best Places to Eat in Tenjinbashi in Osaka   

Must Go to Places in Namba - Our Traveling in Osaka, Japan

10 Best Japanese Beauty Products on Amazon Japan, You Can Also Purchase Them at Drugstores in Japan



     My entries related to Osaka can be seen here.

     My entries related to Best Japanese Beauty Products can be seen here.
 

     My entries related to Japan can be seen here.

     My entries related to beauty can be seen here.

     My entries related to Japan Haul can be seen here.

     You can find my beauty entries by categories from here.


No comments:

Post a Comment