Monday, March 9, 2020

What I Ate at Snack Park - Hanshin Umeda Department Store in Osaka, Japan

Snack Park - Hanshin Umeda Department Store (B1F)
      As I mentioned in my previous entry, my husband and I visited Osaka this winter and stayed at Osaka Daiichi Hotel, which is located in the center of Osaka Umeda. Around the hotel, there are three biggest Osaka's department stores, Hankyu Umeda (阪急うめだ), Hanshin Umeda (阪神梅田), and Daimaru Umeda (大丸梅田). There are also many restaurants around the hotel, but we eventually decided to have quick breakfast at Hanshin Umeda Snack Park (阪神梅田本店スナックパーク), which is the food court of Hanshin Umeda department store. The Snack Park has 15 food stalls which serve delicious foods at very reasonable prices such as signature foods of Osaka, and there are some tables with no chair, so you can enjoy stand-up meals, which is called tachigui (立ち食い) in Japan. 😉 Today, I'm going to share what I ate at Snack Park with you.


Snack Park (スナックパーク)
B1F Hanshin Umeda Department Store
1-13-13 Umeda, Kita Ward
Osaka, Japan

OPEN : 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. (Last Order: 9:30 p.m.)

Snack Park (スナックパーク)




Hanshin Meibutsu Ikayaki (阪神名物 いか焼き)
Osaka-Style Ikayaki
154 yen to 216 yen
Hanshin Meibutsu Ikayaki (阪神名物 いか焼き)
     In Osaka, I really wanted to have ikayaki (いか焼き), which is one of iconic foods of Osaka. Ika (いか, イカ) means a squid in Japanese. When I lived in Osaka city, my coworker who grew up in Osaka told me that when she was in a high school, she used to often have ikayaki and takoyaki with her friends after school. She said to me that it's something typical teens do in Osaka. At that time, I thought ikayaki is grilled whole squids, but after years, I finally knew that she was talking about "Osaka-style ikayaki," which is flat squid pancakes. Indeed, it's very hard to find Osaka-style ikayaki outside of Osaka, and also many Japanese people who have never lived in Kansai region provably don't know what Osaka-style ikayaki is just like I didn't know before. Even though I lived in Osaka for many years, I haven't had ikayaki there! That's why I though that I should have ikayaki for my first time in Osaka. 😋
Hanshin Meibutsu Ikayaki (阪神名物 いか焼き)
      The most famous ikayaki store in Osaka is Hanshin Meibutsu Ikayaki (阪神名物 いか焼き), which has been selling ikayaki since 1957.
Hanshin Meibutsu Ikayaki (阪神名物 いか焼き)
     Hanshin Meibutsu Ikayaki is selling some kinds of ikayaki.

Ikayaki (いか焼き) : a simple style ikayak, a flat pancake contained small pieces of squids

Negi-Ikayaki (ネギいか焼き) : a ikayaki contained chopped green onions

Derapon (デラポン) : a ikayaki contained ponzu sauce

Derapan (デラパン) : a egg ikayaki

Wafu-Dera (和風デラ) : a derapan contained chopped green onions

Ikayaki (いか焼き) for 154 yen
     The most famous one is ikayaki (いか焼き) which is 154 yen.

     Derapon (デラポン) is a ikayaki which has ponzu sauce in it. Ponzu (ポンズ, ぽん酢) is Japanese citrus-based sauce. Derapon can be ordered weekday mornings only.

     We purchased ikayaki (いか焼き) for 154 yen, negi-ikayaki (ねぎいか焼き) for 165 yen and derapon (デラポン) for 160 yen.
     These were savory and delicious! We loved that these had a lot of small pieces of squids in them. 😋





Ganso Choboyaki (元祖ちょぼ焼き)
Choboyaki
165 yen
Ganso Choboyaki (元祖ちょぼ焼き)
       We decided to purchase choboyaki (ちょぼ焼き) for 165 yen. It's said that choboyaki is an origin of takoyaki (たこ焼き). While takoyaki is a ball-shaped snack and filled with diced octopus, which is called tako (タコ, たこ, 蛸) in Japanese, choboyaki is a flat square-shaped snack and made of takoyaki ingredients except for octopus.  
Choboyaki (ちょぼ焼き)
     We really loved choboyaki! It was very hot, had soft texture, and the combination of the sauce and Japanese mayonnaise was perfect! If you love takoyaki, I think that you will definitely love choboyaki as well.



Gozasoro (御座候)
Kaitenyaki
95 yen
Gozasoro (御座候)
       After that we decided to purchase kaitenyaki (回転焼) for 95 yen at Gozasoro (御座候). As I mentioned in my previous entry, Japanese Grocery Haul - What I Purchased at Supermarket, Department Stores and Kitano Ace in Japan, when we lived in Osaka, he really loved Gozasoro's kaitenyaki (回転焼), which is also called imagawayaki (今川焼). Kaitenyaki is a traditional Japanese dessert and is like a pancake filled with sweetened azuki bean paste.
Gozasoro (御座候)
     We purchased it and enjoyed it at the hotel room. It was still hot and as good as ones we used to have in Osaka.😋 If you have a sweet tooth and want to try traditional Japanese confections, called wagashi (和菓子), I recommend you to try their kaitenyaki!
Kaitenyaki (回転焼)
     We also purchased this pack of sweetened azuki bean paste, and we brought it to the U.S. We enjoyed it with mochi, toast and so on. 😁 
Gozasoro (御座候)


     If I have a chance to go to Osaka, I would like to go to Snack Park again!


Snack Park (スナックパーク)
B1F Hanshin Umeda Department Store
1-13-13 Umeda, Kita Ward
Osaka, Japan

OPEN : 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. (Last Order: 9:30 p.m.)




      These are my entries you might like.
Hotel Room Tour and Review - Osaka Daiichi Hotel - Osaka, Japan

16 Best Japanese Beauty Products I Purchased in Japan - Drugstore, Discount Store, Daiso and Amazon Japan

Japanese Snack and Candy Haul - What I Purchased in Japan

Japanese Grocery Haul - What I Purchased at Supermarket, Department Stores and Kitano Ace in Japan

10 Products I Purchased at Costco in Japan

Japanese Bread Haul - Shokupan, Melonpan, Anpan and More

7 Products I Purchased at Muji Store in Japan - Muji Haul
 
Starbucks Japan Geography Series City Tumbler - Osaka   

Top 3 My Favorite Delicious Souvenirs from Osaka

Top 5 Breakfast Restaurants around Tenjinbashi in Osaka, Japan


The Best Places to Eat in Tenjinbashi in Osaka   

Must Go to Places in Namba - Our Traveling in Osaka, Japan

10 Best Japanese Beauty Products on Amazon Japan, You Can Also Purchase Them at Drugstores in Japan



     My entries related to Osaka can be seen here.

     My entries related to Best Japanese Beauty Products can be seen here.
 

     My entries related to Japan can be seen here.

     My entries related to beauty can be seen here.

     My entries related to Japan Haul can be seen here.

     You can find my beauty entries by categories from here.




No comments:

Post a Comment