Wednesday, December 18, 2019

The Cheapest Way to Get Passport Photos - Getting an IDP, International Driving Permit, at AAA

AAA
     As I mentioned in my previous entry, my husband and I are going to Japan this month. We are going to visit Osaka and Fukuoka. Unlike Osaka city, we will need a car in our hometown, which is the countryside in Fukuoka prefecture. Just like we did it before, we booked a rental car for this travel. Did you know that you can drive a rental car in Japan without Japanese driver's license if you have your IDP, International Driving Permit? You can check out my previous entry, Driving A Rental Car in Japan, 6 Things You Should Know Before Driving in Japan.


Getting An IDP at AAA
     Last weekend, we visited our local AAA to get an IDP, International Driving Permit. In order to get an IDP, you need to prepare two passport photos, so where do you get your passport photos?

You will need for an IDP: 
・IDP Application 
・Two original passport pictures 
・A valid U.S. driver's license 
・Pay $20USD permit fee 
・Must be used within six (6) months of desired effective date 


The Cheapest Way to Get Passport Photos
    He took his own photos using a free passport photo App (iPhone App and Android App) at home, and we uploaded the photo to Costco Photo Center. Then, we picked it up at our local Costco, and it only cost $0.17! If you are not a Costco member, you can print your photo at CVS, Walgreens, Walmart, and Target for less than $0.30. :) When we needed to renew our Japanese passports, we also took passport photos using the App with my iPhone, and we picked them up at Costco. :) I cannot believe that getting an ID photo used to be more expensive ($5 to $15), but now it only costs $0.17 with using an App!
     By the way, did you know that Japan has the most powerful passports in the world? Japanese can visit 190 countries without a visa. ;)



     Next time, I will write about a Japanese traffic law.




      These are my entries you might like.

Driving A Rental Car in Japan, 6 Things You Should Know Before Driving in Japan

My Shopping List for Japanese Beauty Products - What I Want to Get in Japan

What He Got at Haneda Airport, Tokyo International Airport - Japan Haul

Bic Camera at Haneda Airport Tax Free Service

Starbucks Japan Tumbler - Tokyo Haneda Airport Special Edition

What I Ate at Haneda Airport Domestic Terminal

13 Best Japanese Products I Purchased on Amazon Japan! - Beauty, Kitchen and Stationery Items  

13 Muji Products I Purchased in Japan - Muji Haul 

What You Should Take to Japan - Japan Travel Tips
 
3 Best Facial Sheet Masks Loved in Japan This Year

7 Best Japanese Beauty Products Hall of Fame 

Top 5 Life-Changing Japanese Beauty Products  

10 Best Japanese Beauty Products on Amazon Japan, You Can Also Purchase Them at Drugstores in Japan



     My entries related to Tokyo can be seen here

     My entries related to Best Japanese Beauty Products can be seen here.
 

     My entries related to Japan can be seen here.

     My entries related to beauty can be seen here.

     My entries related to Japan Haul can be seen here.

     You can find my beauty entries by categories from here.





No comments:

Post a Comment