Thursday, July 6, 2023

Costco Japan Haul - What I Purchased at Costco in Japan

 

Costco Japan

         As I mentioned in my previous entry, my husband and I went to Costco in Japan last year. When we visit Japan, we always go to Costco. It's because Costco Japan sells many Japanese products which you have never seen at Costco branches in the U.S. You can check out my previous entries related to Costco Japan.


     If you are a Costco member, you'll have access to any Costco location in the world. Just keep in mind that Costco Japan only accepts MasterCard credit cards and cash while Costco in the U.S. accepts Visa credit cards and cash. This time, I used my Capital One Quick Silver credit card (MasterCard), which is a 0% foreign transaction fee credit card, and I can earn 1.5% cashback rewards on any purchase. You can check out my previous entry, What You Should Take to Japan - Japan Travel Tips.


     Costco Japan Haul

      Anyway, Today I'm going to share what I purchased at Costco in Japan with you.



1. Sushi (48 Pieces)

48 Pieces for 3,380 yen

(Salmon, Tuna, Octopus, Yellowtail, Anago, Squid, Negitoromaki, Tamago)

3,380 yen for 48 Pieces of Sushi

      One of the reasons why I wanted to go to Costco in Japan was I really missed authentic Japanese sushi. Costco Japan sells very fresh high quality sushi at reasonable prices. We purchased this set of 48 pieces of sushi for 3,380 yen. It was about 50 cent each! We enjoyed these with my family. The sushi was fresh and big! I will definitely purchase this set again next time.



2. Sushi (18 Pieces)

18 Pieces for 1,980 yen

Salmon, Tuna, Negitoromaki

1,980 yen for 18 Pieces

       We purchased this set of 18 pieces of tuna and salmon sushi for my mother-in-law and we also enjoyed them. She was surprised at how big sushi topping was! These were also fresh and big. We were glad that she enjoyed the sushi.




3. Yamaya Mentai Mayonnaise Type (やまや めんたい マヨネーズ タイプ)

 Mayonnaise

 500g for 528 yen

Yamaya Mentaiko Mayonnaise

        Yamaya is high-end brand of mentaiko, Japanese marinated cod roe, and this mayonnaise contains Yamaya mentaiko. Actually, Last time I had visited Costco Japan in 2019, I had purchased this Yamaya Mentaiko Mayoonaise and was really into it. If you are planning on visiting Japan, you can also find this Yamaya Mentaiko Mayonnaise (regular size) at some supermarkets as well. 

       My favorite way to enjoy this mayonnaise is an egg toast. It's so delicious with Japanese thick sliced bread! You can check out my previous entry, How to Make An Easy Egg Toast (Japanese Sliced Bread + Japanese Mayonnaise = Deliciousness) .

Egg and Yamaya Mentaiko Mayonnaise over Toast

      This extra thick slice was number "4" slice, and I've never seen this extra thick slices at any grocery store in the U.S. (In my previous entry, I wrote about the meaning of the number of Japanese sliced bread. )  By the way, when I visit Japan, I always purchase some loafs of Japanese sliced bread at supermarkets or convenience stores on the day or a day before I fly to Los Angeles from Japan. It's because I want to enjoy this egg toast in the U.S.




4. Katsuobushi, Bonito Flakes

60 Packs (2.5g each) for 680 yen

Katsuobushi, Bonito Flakes

       We purchased this Yamaki katsuobushi, dried bonito flakes because it was on sale for 680 yen for 60 packs.

Katsuobushi, Bonito Flakes

        Katsuobushi is one of the best toppings for okonomiyaki and yakisoba noodles. 

Okonomiyaki

         You can check out my previous entries, How to Cook Okonomiyaki and How to Cook Yakisoba.

Yakisoba


Katsuobushi, Bonito Flakes
        The back of the package has the recipe using katsuobushi. I would like to try this recipe, how to cook Japanese chicken and avocado salad, someday.






5. Cleat 3 Shurui No Imo Kenpi, 3 Kinds of Imo Kenpi (クリート 3種類の芋けんぴ)

Crispy Japanese Sweet Potato Fries

10 Packs (60g each) for 798 yen 

4 Packs of Regular Imo Kenpi
3 Packs of Salted Finely Cut Imo Kenpi
3 Packs of Brown Sugar Coated Finely Cut Imo Kenpi

Imo Kenpi

        I had purchased this imo kenpi at Costco in 2019, and I purchased it again this time. This large bag contained three kinds of imo kenpi, crispy Japanese sweet potato fries. It had 10 bags of imo kenpi, so it's also perfect delicious souvenir from Japan to share them with friends and families.  

Imo kenpi



6. Hotel Bread

598 yen

Hotel Bread
          We purchased this hotel bread for my mother-in-law. It's slightly sweet and fluffy. I really like Japanese bread!




 

 

7. Adidas Socks 

6 Pairs for 1,398 yen

Adidas Socks
       We thought that we brought enough socks from the U.S, but eventually we needed some more socks somehow while staying in Japan. Six pairs of socks for 1,398 yen which was equivalent to $9.91. I thought that it's not too shabby. 
 

 

 

8. Nike Dri-Fit T-Shirt for Women

877 yen

       At clothing section, I found that the light blue Nike Dri-Fit T-Shirt was clearance sale for 877 yen, which was equivalent to $6.21. I often wore this T-shirt when I hike in the U.S. By the way, my husband purchased the 32 Degrees jogger pants for 677 yen, which was equivalent to $4.80.  

Costco Japan Haul
       We enjoyed shopping at Costco in Japan. 😉 When I have a chance to visit Japan next time, I will definitely go back there and will purchase authentic sushi and Yamaya mentaiko mayonnaise again!  

 

Costco Swirl Soft Serve Ice Cream (Caramel and Hokkaido Milk) and Cold Brewed Iced Coffee

         By the way, at Costco Japan food court, I purchased this Costco Swirl Soft Serve Ice Cream (Caramel and Hokkaido Milk Vanilla) for 270 yen, and my husband purchased this cold brewed iced coffee 150 yen. They were so good! I really wish that Costco in the U.S. would have those some day.



        These are my entries you might like.

■What Do They Sell at Costco in Japan?

■10 Products I Purchased at Costco in Japan

■All Beauty Products I Purchased in Japan in 2022

■Japanese Snack and Candy Haul - 9 Products I Purchased in Japan

■7 Products I Purchased at Muji Store in Japan - Muji Haul

■My Shopping List for Japanese Groceries - What I Want to Get in Japan

■My Shopping List for Japanese Beauty Products - What I Want to Get in Japan

■8 Japanese Snacks and Candies I Purchased in Japan - Japan Haul

■Japanese Grocery Haul - 7 Products He Purchased at Kitano Ace in Japan

■Don Quijote (Donki) Haul - What He Got in Japan

■Japanese Lawson Convenience Store Bread Haul

■What He Got at Drugstore in Japan - Haul

■Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Japanese Supermarkets (for Beginners!)

■My Top 15 Must Eat Foods in Japan - My Favorite Japanese Foods

■Top 10 Most Popular Japanese Foods

■5 Best Delicious Souvenirs from Fukuoka

■Top 3 My Favorite Delicious Souvenirs from Osaka 

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Snacks

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Sweets


     My entries related to Costco in Japan can be seen here.

     My entries related to Best Japanese Beauty Products can be seen here.
 

     My entries related to Japan can be seen here.

     My entries related to beauty can be seen here.

     My entries related to Japan Haul can be seen here.

     You can find my beauty entries by categories from here.


No comments:

Post a Comment