Monday, April 29, 2013

Japanese American National Museum

Last Saturday, my husband and I went to Japanese American National Museum. My teacher told students that he would give extra credit for our writing class if you go there and write an essay for it. I didn't plan on going to the Museum because that assignment was not required. I thought getting extra credit as much as possible was beneficial for my final grade though. I finally decided to go there with my husband. It's because if I missed that opportunity, my husband and I would never think to go there. Therefore, I thought it would be a good opportunity for us to learn more about Japanese American.

It was our first time to visit there. The admission fee was $9 for adult and $5 for student.

Because I am currently learning that Japanese Americans were interned in camps for three years during World War II, I explained what I had learned to my husband.   


After that, we took a walk for a while in Little Tokyo. There were many Japanese restaurants and miscellaneous goods stores, but I didn't see Japanese at all. It was very crowded with customers though. I thought that Japanese people do not prefer living near Little Tokyo nowadays because security is poor in that area. However, we could see many Japanese articles, and some artists who are not Japanese were performing Japanese songs there. Because we can see many Japanese cultures there, people who love Japan have been visiting in Little Tokyo.  

It has been a long time since we visited there, and we enjoyed our day trip. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment