Thursday, September 21, 2023

Japanese Grocery Haul - 7 Products I Purchased at Donki and Kitano Ace in Japan

 

       As I mentioned in my previous entries, my husband and I went to Japan last year and purchased some groceries. You can check out my previous entries, Japanese Snack and Candy Haul - 9 Products I Purchased in Japan and Costco Japan Haul - What I Purchased at Costco in Japan.

       If you have been following my blog for many years, you might know how much I love Kitano Ace (北野エース), which sells a variety of groceries. You can check out my previous Kitano Ace entries, Japanese Grocery Haul - What I Purchased at Supermarket, Department Stores and Kitano Ace in Japan and Japanese Grocery Haul - 7 Products He Purchased at Kitano Ace in JapanIf you are already an expert at Japanese foods and would like to find something you don't see at regular supermarkets in Japan, I think you will love this store. Kitano Ace has many branches in Japan. For instance, they have 15 branches in Tokyo. This time, we went to Kitano Ace located in Tofu Department store. We also went to Donki, Don Quijote (ドン・キホーテ), and purchased some groceries. Anyway, I'm going to share 7 Products I purchased at Donki and Kitano Ace with you.  


B2 Floor TOBU Department Store Ikebukuro
1-1-25 Nishiikebukuro, Toyoshima-Ku
Tokyo, Japan


1-22-5 Minamiikebukuro, Toyoshima-ku
Tokyo, Japan



1. Kyushu Sweet Potato Chips, Kyushu Satsuma Chips (九州さつまチップス)
Japanese Sweet Potato Chips

Purchased for 378 yen each at Kitano Ace in Tokyo

Kyushu Sweet Potato Chips, Kyushu Satsuma Chips (九州さつまチップス)

       These are my most favorite snacks from Kitano Ace. The chips were sweet and so crunchy! I will definitely buy ones again when I go to Japan next time.

Kyushu Sweet Potato Chips, Kyushu Satsuma Chips (九州さつまチップス)
      Japanese sweet potatoes are called satsuma imo. Satsuma (薩摩, さつま) is a former name of a district in Kagoshima prefecture. Imo (芋, いも) means a potato in Japanese. Kagoshima prefecture located on Kyushu island (九州) is the largest Japanese sweet potato producer in Japan.



2. Sakusaku Noriten with Wasabi Flavor (ツンと辛いわさび味)

Nori Seaweed Tempura Snacks with Wasabi Flavor

Purchased for 298 yen at Donki in Tokyo

Sakusaku Noriten with Wasabi Flavor (ツンと辛いわさび味)
       Noriten (のり天) is nori seaweed tempura snacks. I purchased this Sakusaku Noriten with Wasabi Flavor at Donki. I love wasabi flavored snacks. I eventually gave it to my coworker.




3. Cheese Flavored Noriten (のり天チーズ味 ゴルゴンゾーラチーズのクリーム仕立て)

Nori Seaweed Tempura Snacks with Gorgonzola Cheese Flavor

Purchased for 298 yen at Donki in Tokyo

Cheese Flavored Noriten (のり天チーズ味 ゴルゴンゾーラチーズのクリーム仕立て)

      I purchased this Cheese Flavored Noriten at Donki and gave it to my coworker as well. 




4. Japanese Soup Stock with Flying Fish, Ago Iri Dashi (あご入りだし) 

Japanese Soup Stock with Flying Fish

27 packs of soup stock  

Purchased for 916 yen each at Kitano Ace in Tokyo

Japanese Soup Stock with Flying Fish, Ago Iri Dashi (あご入りだし)

      Agodashi (あごだし) has been very popular in Japan. These are my must-buy products at Kitano Ace. Indeed, this Kitano Ace Ago Iri Dashi has been highly-rated. These are Japanese fish based soup stock. I use it to make miso soup, okonomiyaki and more of Japanese foods. 

Japanese Soup Stock with Flying Fish, Ago Iri Dashi (あご入りだし)
       If you want to cook miso soup, you can put one pack of agodashi in 800ml (27 fl oz) of water and bring it to a boil. Then, simmer it for one to two minutes and take the pack out from the boiling water. Add your favorite ingredients such as tofu, and simmer it until ingredients are cooked. Turn off the heat, and add your favorite miso paste. Serve it and sprinkle some chopped green onions. That's it. You can also make udon soup, takikomi gohan, nabe dish with this agodashi.



5. Grilled Salted Mackerel Flakes, Yaki Shiosaba (焼き塩さば)

 Grilled Mackerel Flakes Seasoned with Hokkaido Kombu Kelp Seaweed Salt

Purchased for 462 yen at Kitano Ace in Tokyo

Grilled Salted Mackerel Flakes, Yaki Shiosaba (焼き塩さば)

       Before going to Japan, I had already decided to purchase this Yaki Shiosaba (焼き塩さば). It's because I saw it on this YouTube video, and they said that it's one of must-buy products at Kitano Ace. I also purchased a lot of this Yaki Shiosaba and gave them to my coworkers as delicious Japanese souvenirs. Although the glass containers are heavy and fragile to bring them to the U.S. However, it really went well with steamed rice, and I thought that I should have purchased more for myself!   





6. Simmered Enoki Mushroom with Yuzu Kosho, Nametake (なめ茸 粒柚子胡椒仕立て)

Simmered Enoki Mushroom with Soy Sauce and Yuzu Kosho

Purchased for 369 yen at Kitano Ace in Tokyo

Simmered Enoki Mushroom with Yuzu Kosho, Nametake (なめ茸 粒柚子胡椒仕立て)
       I had also seen this Nametake on YouTube, and it also made me buy it at Kitano Ace in Japan. Nametake is simmered enoki mushrooms with soy sauce. It has yuzu kosho (柚子胡椒, ゆずこしょう) in it, so it has a hint of fresh yuzu citrus flavor. It went well with soba and udon noodles. 



7. Sliced Squid and Kombu Kelp Seaweed Flakes, Ika Kombu  (いか昆布)

Squid and Kombu Furikake Flakes

Purchased for 400 yen at Kitano Ace in Tokyo

Sliced Squid and Kombu Kelp Seaweed Flakes, Ika Kombu  (いか昆布)
      This is Japanese furikake. While we were at Kitano Ace, my husband found this sliced squid kombu kelp furikake (いか昆布), which has won the Gold medal in the National Furikake Grand Prix in Japan. It also really went well with steamed rice. It's light weight and delicious, so I thought that it's perfect for delicious Japanese souvenir. 



        These are my entries you might like.

■What Do They Sell at Costco in Japan?

■10 Products I Purchased at Costco in Japan

■All Beauty Products I Purchased in Japan in 2022

■Japanese Snack and Candy Haul - 9 Products I Purchased in Japan

■7 Products I Purchased at Muji Store in Japan - Muji Haul

■My Shopping List for Japanese Groceries - What I Want to Get in Japan

■My Shopping List for Japanese Beauty Products - What I Want to Get in Japan

■8 Japanese Snacks and Candies I Purchased in Japan - Japan Haul

■Japanese Grocery Haul - 7 Products He Purchased at Kitano Ace in Japan

■Don Quijote (Donki) Haul - What He Got in Japan

■Japanese Lawson Convenience Store Bread Haul

■What He Got at Drugstore in Japan - Haul

■Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Japanese Supermarkets (for Beginners!)

■My Top 15 Must Eat Foods in Japan - My Favorite Japanese Foods

■Top 10 Most Popular Japanese Foods

■5 Best Delicious Souvenirs from Fukuoka

■Top 3 My Favorite Delicious Souvenirs from Osaka 

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Snacks

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Sweets


     My entries related to Costco in Japan can be seen here.

     My entries related to Best Japanese Beauty Products can be seen here.
 

     My entries related to Japan can be seen here.

     My entries related to beauty can be seen here.

     My entries related to Japan Haul can be seen here.

     You can find my beauty entries by categories from here.


No comments:

Post a Comment