Saturday, January 30, 2021

Walking Along the Dojima River in Nakanoshima, Osaka

Dojima River (堂島川) in Osaka
       In 2019, my husband and I visited Osaka for the first time in six years. Actually, many years ago, we had lived in Osaka city for years, and when our families had visited Osaka, we had taken them to popular sightseeing spots of Osaka. That's why we are pretty familiar with many places in Osaka. (You can check my previous entry, Must Go to Places in Namba - Our Traveling in Osaka, Japan.) Yet, we hadn't visited some places such as the Mint Museum (大阪造幣局 造幣博物館) and Abeno Harukasu (あべのハルカス). 
      Before checking into the hotel, Conrad Osaka, we asked a bellhop if they could store our luggage, so we were able to enjoy sightseeing in Osaka. We decided to go to the Mint Museum, which is a 40 minutes walking distance from Conrad Osaka.

Walking Along the Dojima River in Nakanoshima, Osaka

Dojima River (堂島川) in Osaka
       We walked along the Dojima River (堂島川) in Nakanoshima (中之島), a sandbank in Kita-ku (北区), Osaka city.  Actually, my former workplace in Osaka was located in Kita-ku, but I had hardly ever gone to Nakanoshima on foot.
Osaka City Hall (大阪市役所)
      This huge building is Osaka City Hall (大阪市役所).
 
Dojima River (堂島川) in Osaka

Sparrows (すずめ)
Rock Dove (カワラバト)


Dojima River (堂島川) in Osaka
 
Osaka City Central Public Hall (大阪市中央公会堂)
     This retro building is Osaka City Central Public Hall (大阪市中央公会堂). This is more beautiful with lighting at night.
 
Nakanoshima Rose Garden (中之島バラ園)
     We walked through Nakanoshima Rose Garden (中之島バラ園). If you love flowers, you should visit this place in May and late October to early November. 

 

Nakanoshima Park (中之島公園)

     It was a pretty great workout. We really enjoyed walking along the Dojima River.

Great cormorants
     We also enjoyed bird-watching. While we were living in Osaka, we were really busy and didn't notice that there were so many kinds of wild birds in Osaka. After moving to the U.S., we became more interested in watching wildlife.

Great cormorants
     The cormorants were so cool. The one of them looked like having mohawk.
Coots and Ducks
      Actually, I didn't know there were coots in Japan. I've sometime seen American coots in the U.S. though.

      Next time, I will write about Mint Museum in Osaka. Actually, I hadn't expected much but it was a really great place. If you love Japan or are interested in Japanese coin, you really should visit Mint Museum. You can also touch huge real gold with your hand there. 😊

 

 
      These are my entries you might like.
What I Ate at Snack Park - Hanshin Umeda Department Store in Osaka, Japan

Hotel Room Tour and Review - Conrad Osaka - Osaka, Japan

16 Best Japanese Beauty Products I Purchased in Japan - Drugstore, Discount Store, Daiso and Amazon Japan

Japanese Snack and Candy Haul - What I Purchased in Japan

Japanese Grocery Haul - What I Purchased at Supermarket, Department Stores and Kitano Ace in Japan

10 Products I Purchased at Costco in Japan

Japanese Bread Haul - Shokupan, Melonpan, Anpan and More

7 Products I Purchased at Muji Store in Japan - Muji Haul
 
Starbucks Japan Geography Series City Tumbler - Osaka   

Top 3 My Favorite Delicious Souvenirs from Osaka

Top 5 Breakfast Restaurants around Tenjinbashi in Osaka, Japan


The Best Places to Eat in Tenjinbashi in Osaka   

Must Go to Places in Namba - Our Traveling in Osaka, Japan

10 Best Japanese Beauty Products on Amazon Japan, You Can Also Purchase Them at Drugstores in Japan



     My entries related to Osaka can be seen here.

     My entries related to Best Japanese Beauty Products can be seen here.
 

     My entries related to Japan can be seen here.

     My entries related to beauty can be seen here.

     My entries related to Japan Haul can be seen here.

     You can find my beauty entries by categories from here.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment