Friday, December 2, 2022

I Came Back from Japan! It Is still in COVID-19 Pandemic but Was Beautiful Autumn Leaf Season in Japan.

       My husband and I flew to Tokyo from Los Angeles last month, and we just came back from Japan!

This is the photo I took while I was flying to Fukuoka from Tokyo.

I noticed that how Japan has changed due to COVID-19 pandemic.

         It was our first time to visit Japan after the COVID-19 pandemic started. We waited for three years to go to Japan. By the way, we received our 4th COVID-19 vaccination before traveling to Japan. 

        Before going to Japan, I was expecting everyone in Japan wearing face masks indoors. Indeed, almost 100% of people indoors were wearing it in Japan, and it looked like white and pinky beige masks were popular there. Yet, I was really surprised that many people wear face masks outdoors too. I could say that 99.9% of people outdoors in Tokyo were wearing face masks. Although Japanese governments announced that face masks are recommended indoors only, and people can take it off outdoors. However, they still choose to do so outdoors.  In contrast, it looked like 60% of people outdoors in Fukuoka were wearing face masks. I think it's because Fukuoka is a car-based society. You don't need to wear a face mask while you are driving alone, so they are used not to wear face masks outdoors.

        Most stores had hand sanitizer for customers at entrances. Furthermore, some stores and hotels had face recognition thermometers, which I've never seen in the U.S. In many taxis, there were air quality monitors to show customers how safe using taxi is, and they kept car windows down 1/2 inch to ventilate. 


This is the photo of Tokyo Station I took from Kokyo Gaien.

 It's autumn leaf season in Japan.

        This was our first time to visit Tokyo in November. I was amazed at how beautiful autumn leaves were. You probably know that the best seasons to visit Japan are spring for cherry blossoms and fall for autumn leaves. 😉

We visited Hamarikyu Gardens while we were staying at Conrad Tokyo hotel.

        We really enjoyed traveling Japan. I will write about my Japan travel little by little from now on. 😊

I was on this ANA Star Wars plane to fly to Tokyo from Fukuoka.

 

     These are also my entries you might like.

My Shopping List for Japanese Beauty Products - What I Want to Get in Japan

Top 15 Popular Posts from Best Japanese Beauty Products

Top 5 Life-Changing Japanese Beauty Products

What You Should Take to Japan - Japan Travel Tips

 

     My entries related to Tokyo can be seen here.  

     My entries related to Japan Travel Tips can be seen here.

     My entries related to Best Japanese Beauty Products can be seen here.
 

     My entries related to Japan can be seen here.

     My entries related to beauty can be seen here.

     My entries related to Japan Haul can be seen here.

     You can find my beauty entries by categories from here.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment