Thursday, September 19, 2013

Learning Vocabularies Is Essential for Me

     I have three days until my second NCLEX. I have been studying for it with my best since last exam and my confidence has grown little by little. For the last two months, I studied for NCLEX seriously, especially vocabularies and pharmacology. I think that I learned about 2,500 new vocabularies. I had already memorized most medical vocabularies before, but when I took the NCLEX for my first attempt, I realized that I still didn't know many advanced vocabularies, which are not medically related. That's why I started studying them. Many of my ESL teachers have often told students that it is a not huge problem if you don't know some vocabularies while reading an article. They suggested us to guess the meaning of the vocabularies through the context of the sentences prior and following it. However, I realized that NCLEX is not a reading exam, and it is not possible to guess the meaning from short sentences. I should know an every single vocabulary on the exam because the meaning of each vocabulary is the key for answers. If I don't know a few vocabularies on the exam, I might choose wrong answers. If I were American, I wouldn't have to work so hard for vocabularies though.
     Even though my confidence has grown gradually, I am not sure if I can pass the exam three days later. However, I won't give it up until passing it because I was determined to study for it when I started learning English four years ago. If I fail the next exam, I will just need to try it once again. I believe that I will pass the exam some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment