Sunday, December 11, 2011

Chinese Tea

Last year, I bought Chinese tea which I had never seen before in China town.


But I didn't drink it until today because I didn't know how to brew the tea.
The shape of the tea was unique, and it was rock-hard due to how tightly it was packed.

Finally, I figured it out how to properly serve this tea!
Just brake it by using fork. :) When I searched on the internet, someone broke it by using an ice pick.

The taste was a little bit bitter with a slight mildness, and I thought I've had this taste before.
And I found out that this tea was called Tuocha, which is a kind of Pu-erh tea.
No wonder why I knew this taste. Pu-erh tea was my favorite tea when I was in high school.

I bought this for $2.99 at China town, but I found out that it's sold for $15~$80 in Japan.
Considering the price in Japan, the more I can savor the taste. :)





 Today's Vocabulary
・brew : verb / (お茶やコーヒーなどを)入れる
・rock-hard : adjective / 岩のように固い
・how : いかにして、どのようにして
・properly : adverb / 正しく、適切に
・slight : adjective / ほんのわずかな
・savor : verb / 味わいを楽しむ、~を十分に味わう

No comments:

Post a Comment