Monday, December 12, 2011

Costco Tire

Yesterday, I went to Costco for my tire rotations.

Last year, I bought my tires there because Costco provides lifetime maintenance services. My four tires, which are Bridgestone, were $323.56. I thought it was a pretty good deal, considering Bridgestone has high quality tires, and Costco provides great services. By the way, my husband bought his tires for $436.66 in June 2010 as well.

Since then, I have taken my car to Costco for tire rotations every 6,000 to 8,000 miles.


When I came to the U.S., I was surprised because I often saw many tire debris and flat tires on the side of highways.

In Japan, people are required by law to periodically take their cars to repair shops or dealers for a check up. If there is a problem, it must be fixed. Otherwise it is illegal to drive that car. We had to follow the law, and I depended on car dealer. Because of that, owning a car costs a lot of money in Japan. But a good thing is I haven't seen flat tires on the highway in Japan.

In the U.S., people are reminded for a periodical smog check, but all the other maintenance are subject to owner's liability. I didn't know much about cars, but I decided that I have to take care of my own car.





Today's Vocabulary
・ provide : verb / (物を)提供する
・ take : verb / (人を場所へ)連れて行く、(物を)搬送する、持ち込む
・ tire debris : タイヤ破片  (debris: dəbri'ː)
・ periodically : adverb / 定期的に
・ periodical : adjective / 定期的な
・ be subject to : ~次第である、~に依存する
・ liability : noun / 責任 ( liability: la`iəbi'ləti)

No comments:

Post a Comment