Tuesday, February 19, 2019

【Hike】San Joaquin Wildlife Sanctuary in Irvine


      Last Sunday, my husband and I went to San Joaquin Wildlife Sanctuary in Irvine, CA. This is one of our favorite places to go for a walk and watch wild birds in Southern California. :) 


San Joaquin Wildlife Sanctuary
5 Riparian View
Irvine, CA 92612
U.S.A.

     This winter, it has rained a lot in Southern California. Because it also rained on the previous day, the ponds were filled with a plenty of water, and we were able to see many kinds of birds there. :)
(Canon EOS Rebel SL1)

        We took many photos with our cameras, Canon PowerShot SX50 HS and Canon EOS Rebel SL1 with telephoto zoom lens, Canon EF-S 55-250mm F4-5.6 IS STM. Today, I'm going to share some photos we took at San Joaquin Wildlife Sanctuary that day with you. :)
Cinnamon Teals (Canon EOS Rebel SL1)

Killdeer (Canon EOS Rebel SL1)

Snowy Egret (Canon EOS Rebel SL1)

         When I walk this trail, I start thinking what if I encounter a mountain lion or a bobcat here...  I think that a bobcat usually won't attack human, but I don't want to encounter a mountain lion. However, a mountain lion has been actually seen in Irvine once several years.   
(Canon PowerShot SX50 HS)

Rabbit (Canon EOS Rebel SL1)

Crows and Osprey (Canon PowerShot SX50 HS)
      There was a flock of crows cawing around the trees. We found that there was a large osprey sitting in the tree.
Crows and Osprey (Canon EOS Rebel SL1)
        The osprey looked so cool!
Osprey (Canon PowerShot SX50 HS)

        There were many American White Pelicans!
American White Pelicans (Canon EOS Rebel SL1)

American White Pelicans (Canon PowerShot SX50 HS)

Black-Necked Stilts (Canon PowerShot SX50 HS)

Mourning Dove (Canon EOS Rebel SL1)

The Moon (Canon EOS Rebel SL1)

Aircraft (Canon EOS Rebel SL1)

American White Pelicans and Cormorants (Canon PowerShot SX50 HS)


American White Pelicans and Cormorants (Canon PowerShot SX50 HS)

American White Pelicans and Cormorants (Canon EOS Rebel SL1)

American White Pelicans and Cormorants (Canon PowerShot SX50 HS)

Snowy Egret (Canon EOS Rebel SL1)

(Canon PowerShot SX50 HS)

(Canon EOS Rebel SL1)

             Today, I drew this adorable rabbit I saw at San Joaquin Wildlife Sanctuary with using my Apple iPad A10 Fusion Chip 32GB and Apple Pencil. I could not draw it well, but I will share it with you anyway. ;)
Rabbit Drawn by Ringo


San Joaquin Wildlife Sanctuary
5 Riparian View
Irvine, CA 92612
U.S.A.




      These are my entries you might like.
■Bolsa Chica Ecological Reserve in Huntington Beach (January 2019)

■Swimming with Wild Dolphins (Big Island, Hawaii, January 2015)

■Dolphin Watching in Dana Point (July 2017)

■Our Whale Watching Trip (Dana Point, August 2013)

■San Joaquin Wildlife Sanctuary in Irvine (March 2017)

■La Jolla Cove - Beautiful Spring Wildflowers and Wild Animals (2018)


       My entries related to wild animals can be seen here.

       My entries related to Irvine can be seen here.

       My entries related to Orange County Hikes can be seen here.



No comments:

Post a Comment