Thursday, December 4, 2014

Starbucks Japan - City Tumbler - Kyoto

      When my husband was on his business trip in Japan in October this year, he bought this Starbucks local tumbler, Kyoto. While we were living in Osaka and Nara for 11 years, we went on a day trip to Kyoto many times. It took 1 to 2 hours to go to Kyoto by car from our previous homes in Nara and Osaka. When my family visited me from Fukuoka, we took them to Kyoto for sightseeing because there were many historical beautiful places in Kyoto, such as Kinkakuji and Arashiyama. We also went to Kyoto to see beautiful cherry blossoms in spring and autumn leaves in fall. People visit Kyoto for sightseeing, but my best friend who lives in Kyoto told me that Kyoto is one of the best places to live in Japan because some areas in Kyoto are also very modern and stylish such as Kitayama. When I visited her home in Kitayama, we enjoyed shopping at swanky boutiques and had dinner at a fancy restaurant around her home. I'd like to visit Kyoto once again. :) Anyway, I'm going to share this Starbucks Kyoto tumbler with you.
Starbucks Japan - Tumbler - Kyoto
       The around this Kyoto tumbler was gilded to express Kyoto.
Starbucks Japan - Tumbler - Kyoto
       This picture of the golden temple is Kinkakuji, which is one of the must-see sights in Kyoto. Kinkakuji with beautiful gardens was stunning! I visited there a several times indeed. :)
Starbucks Japan - Tumbler - Kyoto
       This picture is the Japanese rock garden, Karesansui, which is garden without water creates  a miniature stylized landscape with gravel etc. My husband and I visited Ryoanji, which is one of the most well-known Japanese rock gardens, so many years ago.
Starbucks Japan - Tumbler - Kyoto
     This picture is Maiko, an apprentice Geiko in Kyoto. Maiko wears very beautiful furisode. When you go to Gion, you might often see Maiko girls. However, they are probably not real Maiko. They might be tourists who got a makeover to experience Maiko. Maiko makeover is very popular for tourists in Gion. I tried a Maiko makeover twice with my friend and my sister. We got makeup done and changed into Furisode. Then, we had our pictures done at the studio and walked outside to get more pictures taken with beautiful historical streetscape in Kyoto. While we were walking outside, we were asked by strangers to take photo together many times. :)
Starbucks Japan - Tumbler - Kyoto
      This picture is Nishijin ori, Nishijin weaving. It is traditional woven fabric in Kyoto.
Starbucks Japan - Tumbler - Kyoto
      This black pciture is gojyunotou, a five-story pagoda, in Toji.
Starbucks Japan - Tumbler - Kyoto
       The views of historical structures of Kyoto become more beautiful with cherry blossoms during spring!
Starbucks Japan - Tumbler - Kyoto

Starbucks Japan - Tumbler - Kyoto

Starbucks Japan - Tumblers
These are my entries related to Starbucks Japan tumblers.

Starbucks Okinawa Tumbler











Starbucks Tokyo Haneda Airport Tumbler






        My entries related to Starbucks Japan can be seen here.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/Starbucks%20Japan

      My entries related to my Starbucks US collections can be seen here.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/Starbucks%20mugs

      My entries related to Starbucks can be seen here.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/Starbucks

     My entries related to Japan can be seen here.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/Japan


2 comments:

  1. My name is Sari from Indonesia. On March 2-6, 2015, I and my husband will go to Japan. We will visit Nara, Kyoto, and Osaka. I would like to ask you about starbucks city tumbler. Which starbucks store can I buy the city tumbler? I mean could you tell me where the starbuckcs store location in Nara, Kyoto or Osaka?which district or area is it? I'm really grateful if you could share the information because my friend asked me to buy her the city tumbler and she's really want it desperately since she's the tumbler city collector. Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment. :)

      You can buy Osaka and Kyoto tumblers there. As far as I know, Starbucks Nara doesn't have city tumbler.
      http://www.starbucks.co.jp/goods/

      You can search store locations through Official Starbucks Website. http://www.starbucks.co.jp/en/search/

      I hope you can get ones in Japan!
      Have fun! :)

      Delete