Tuesday, May 7, 2013

I Remaind Myself Constantly

Yesterday, I went to school to see my teacher for my essay. I wanted him to check my essay. He gave me some tips for it. I told him that when I had studied previous article, I had realized that my reading skill is very weak. That was why I was very nervous at first to read "Farewell to Manzanar" since it is a pretty thick book. I showed him my reading note, which I drew and wrote the points of each chapter on. He told me it is good idea because even he will forget most of the contents of the story after finishing reading, and most American people also do what I did in order to understand more. He suggested me to take a reading class next semester, because improving reading skill will also help my nursing career. However, I didn't have time to take that class even though I really want to take it. I need to pass NCLEX this year and take a refresher course prior to working as a nurse in the U.S. I can sometimes notice my English improvements but also realize that I need to improve my English at the same time. I can not do everything I want to. I remind myself constantly that I will not give up and study English everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment