Monday, February 16, 2015

Big Hero 6 - A Two Dollar Movie Theater



                           

      Yesterday, my husband and I went to the two dollar movie theater to watch Big Hero 6, which is one of Walt Disney animation films, was released in the U.S. on November 7 last year.  Last week, I found that it finally began to play at my local two dollar movie theater from on February 13.
http://amzn.to/1GJYV80
      When we arrived there around 1 p.m., there were so many people who were waiting in lines to get movie tickets. Most of them appeared to be children and their parents.





        Since it was released, I have been always wanted to watch this movie because Big Hero 6 was set in San Fransokyo, the futuristic mashup of San Francisco and Tokyo. Because I am Japanese, I was really interested in San Fransokyo. :) I thought that the huge red bridge, sloping roads, some houses in this movie were inspired by San Francisco; in contrast, the most cityscape looked like Tokyo. Actually, I thought cars, sakura, high-rise buildings, the police officer, the train station in it were inspired by Tokyo. Specifically, I really liked the small car, which is called kei-jidosya 軽自動車 in Japanese. I have never seen kei-jidosya in the U.S., but it is getting more and more popular in Japan because how environmentally friendly these cars are. You can check my previous entry which is The Interesting Functions of the Recent Japanese Cars. :)
       I also watched Big Hero 6 Japanese Trailer. The Japanese dubbed version seems also interesting.



      Last time we went to the movie theater was over a year ago, and I have been trying to improve my English listening skill since then. That's why I was able to catch most English and understand the contents of this story well this time. :) It's also because stories of animation movies are usually simple and easy to understand though. We both really liked this movie and will definitely watch it again when its DVD is available for rent.


        My entries related to movies can be seen here.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/movies

No comments:

Post a Comment